Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
geegirl
New Contributor
New Contributor

overseas travel suspend service

i am going overseas for 5 weeks and dont want to pay for internet when im not home to use it, can i have the service suspended for the travel period?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: overseas travel suspend service

No unfortunately unless you are being deployed by military.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Established Telcos don't allow this option even though they could (do for selected customers).

The NBN has its flaws but it does represent a changing of the guard and hopefully the competition will shake out some innovation.

Found out recently there's a new NBN supplier in Tasmania (only) that bills by the day. Only pay for the days you want it. Switch to speeds between 12Mps and 250Mbps as you want.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
geegirl
New Contributor
New Contributor

be good if one starts in victoria i cant stand the pain that dealing with these telcos are on a constant basis they take and no give

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

It might still pay to give them a ring and ask the question as you never know what they may say.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The cost of incumbancy. I'm not sure the established Telcos have accepted that suddenly they're back on a level playing field. Possibly they're just exploiting the change over period but the old adage of big is best is no longer an adage.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors