Searching...
Accepted Solution

optus complaints

dontsuckitup

From the many posts on the subject, Optus clearly do not want email communications re issues and complaints.  They don't seem to understand that there can actually be complaints not only related to services, but to the processes they deem must be used for communications.  Just try complaining on webchat about a previous webchat person/issue problem.  Smiley Happy

There is no email address.  Snail mail, webchat and web form (with restrictions), are the supported contact process, but no email address.  You can form your own conclusions as to why this is the case.

However such an extraordinary position, by a telco of all businesses, is something that will continue if you and I just suck it up!

So don't suck it up!  Send a complaint snail mail to their mail address

Customer Relations Group, 

PO Box 306,
SALISBURY SOUTH
SA 5106 

AND/OR

post a complaint at the online shop

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/enquiries

I've personally found the Optus messaging about how to contact them quite misleading and deceptive.   Bet this would be a massive trending topic if someone started tweeting or would make a wonderful media expose on one of those TV current affairs type programs ... hmmmmmm

Re: optus complaints

Pete

Hey - this really isn't what we like to hear.  I can confirm we can be reached via Email by clicking → here, please state your enquiry on the webform and we'll continue to chat via email. If you'd like us to give you a hand, let me know how we can help?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Solution

dontsuckitup

Thank you so much for that advice.  Three Optus people I spoke/chatted with prior to my post, yes three,  could not answer that question.  The key piece of information in your answer is that once a webform query is submitted, the response will be by email ... and therefore start a normal email conversation.

Might i suggest that that info be added to the pages that reference use of the webform.  You may not be aware but there's an extremely large number of posts all complaining about no email address.  The key, which you shared, is how you start a normal email conversation Smiley Happy

Thank you.  Feel free to remove my post if I was a bit blunt in airing my grievance.

Solution

Pete

I can appreciate your concerns there. I will be passing on feedback. We're here if you need us. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

YvesM

Very Good letter ...agree with You ... I have been trying to lodge a Complaint in Chat ... William from Optus you better ring them ... except I try 38 times Today , and Twenty six times on Sunday ...

on forum they claim there is a "highlighted" section which does not allow the form to be lodged !!!!

Optus youare a bunch of Thieves and Liars ...

anyone could suggest a website to give Optus the publicity they deserve !!!!

thanks in anticipation of a prompt response ... NO .. no not from Optus from readers !!!!

complaint has been lodged with the TIO

Highlighted

Kintiq

I concur with you , most of the telco outsourced the Customers grievances to Crowd Platform, Chat Room (Overseas), recorded machine reply system or online reply portal . Our Ombudsman TIO are toothless tigers/tigress and Polies are sunk to Donation and Perks . I do not see any solution to the youth unemployment of double digits across states. If we have any patriots in the political higherarchy they shall impose all such Call Centres to be in country employing youths and solve 70% of our social issues. 

Hdl

I so agree with your post. I cannot believe you cannot send via email your complaint. My issue is still outstanding and that my DSL connection has not been working since 15th April and it is now 23rd April. I cannot even get another telco to connect me a DSL because my DSL according to Optus is still active but for some reason, Optus has botched the set up that I will be billed as it is active but able to connect. I have contacted so many support teams from Optus and have waited 30-40 mins a time on the phone just to speak to someone only to be transferred to another team. I so disappointed with their service.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
4 Kudos
3 Kudos
3 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos