Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Why is the My Acccount section so excruciatingly slow?

Using my account on the optus website is so slow it makes me want to tear out my eyeballs. On firefox it just freezes so I don't even bother now, and on Safari it's glacial. I mean, do they want me to pay my bill or not?

How can a tech company do something so fundamental so badly? Can't WAIT until my contract expires. This is the pits.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Why is the My Acccount section so excruciatingly slow?

Hi Simon-G,

Not good to hear it's causing you grief.

Apart from trying different browsers have you tried other internet troubleshooting e.g. clearing cache, deleting temporary internet files and cookies, etc.?

Not sure on the reason but a recent thread from another customer was advised Chrome is the best browser for My Account.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

How do I clear cache etc - have tried this before and its a bit hit and miss. Half the time I still can't see my bills. Today I can't manage my account - need to make a change today and I can't. Is this going to be improved so that it doesnt need tinkering with my computer''s settings every time I log in?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

What browser are you using, JB007? You can Google search the instructions for the specific browser(s). My Account is maintained/improved on an ongoing basis, it's not a finished product.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm using chrome and on my phone android. Both are slow/don't work. I cleared my cache but still no luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Please contact Optus directly to arrange for the change that you need to make to be done and to have a ticket logged for your My Account troubles.

0 Kudos