cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Using My Optus App for NBN customers

I have bought an NBN home broadband from Optus, but my mobile Simcard is not from Optus. Therefore, I want to know how can I connect to my Optus App. 

The App always says that my account is not activated, without even asking for my username or password.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Using My Optus App for NBN customers

Good Question.

You'll need to contact Optus directly to see if they can activate it for you (maybe they assign your mobile number to the NBN account?)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

My mobile phone and tablet are not with Optus and I use the My Optus app.
If you have Facebook or Twitter you can message Optus Support.
If you include at the start of you message you do not have access to the My Optus app.

I am an Optus subscriber, just trying to help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have called them two times.

At the first time, someone who told me that his name is Alex answered me and promised to fix this problem by sending a request to the technical team within 24 hours. Nonetheless, nothing was resolved after 24 hours.

In the second call, first I spoke with one guy and explained my problem. She connected me to a new staff who told me that her expertise is in fixing my Optus app's problems for mobile customers. At that point, I was wondering why I was connected to her as I had explained that I am an NBN customer multiple times to the first person I talked too. Then she connected me to the third person to fix this problem but she, who was supposed to fix my Optus app problem for NBN customers, just pretended that she could not hear my voice, notwithstanding the fact that I had spoken with two other people the same phone call beforehand.

I think that buying NBN service from Optus has been one of my worst decisions as Optus seems to have one of the worst customer services I have experienced in my entire life.

Is there any chance that Optus collects the modem and Fetch box they have posted and cancel my contract so that I can find a new provider who at least respects its customers?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I tried to log in with my iPad, and there it asks me for email address and password; therefore, I can log in to my account. Nonetheless, there are not any active services in my account. 

Are you serious about sending them a message through social networks such as Twitter or Facebook?

I have called Optus two times so far, and they have not fixed my problem. Now you seriously think that Optus is going to resolve this issue if I send them a message through Twitter or Facebook?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Its 2020. A lot of companies use apps like Facebook and Twitter to interact with customers. Optus has recommended that is the best way to resolve issues at them moment, but if you're not willing to try use them then that's your choice.

That said Optus support is in some level of disarray due to the covid virus knocking out most of its support infrastructure (i.e. people). Usually its better than what you are experiencing but your calls do echo long standing complaints about promises made and never kept or being bounced around to random staff.

Its possible you are not on a contract? Most Optus NBN plans are month to month. You will be up for the cost of the modem (Which could range from $0 to $200) depending on the time with Optus and the model. But Optus might agree to you returning it as well if you haven't been able to get the NBN issues resolved.
0 Kudos