Searching...
Highlighted

Updating account with a new email address when the old address (and username) no longer exists

Bron2

I've just spent several hours with three different Optus Chat folk without a resolution. I feel like I'm caught in a never-ending circle with no prospect of exit.

I'm trying to update the username to a mobile account because the email address it uses no longer exists. I don't seem to be able to update the username because it wants to send the verification link for this change to the email address that no longer exists.

I also need to update the credit card associated with the account. If I can't get into the account because I can't change the username (email address), I can't update the payment information, and Optus freezes the account.

Is there a way out of this (increasingly irritating) problem, other than cancelling the Optus account?

Re: Updating account with a new email address when the old address (and username) no longer exists

10000000000GB

You don't cancel the account. You get chat to delete the My Account wrapper and start a new one with a new email address. Then you get them to transfer the postpaid accounts across.

Re: Updating account with a new email address when the old address (and username) no longer exists

Shauna

Hey @Bron2 - Can you please PM me with your account number, full name and DOB so we can take a look into this for you?

Happy to see if we can help at all. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Bron2

I'm new on this forum Shauna. How do I private message you? Thanks.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
4 Kudos
3 Kudos
3 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos