cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

TRANSFERRING TO THE NBN

URGENT - URGENT - URGENT

My name is Patricia

I requested a copy of a transcript of a 'chat' which I had with a man named 'JAXON' on September 23, 2018 between noon and 3 pm.  I have not received a reply. 

OPTUS will cancel my landline if I don't switch before the beginning of November 2018. This chat involved a reference number etc. which offered me a $50 per month plan.  He told me it would start off at $70.00 when OPTUS set it up, and would then iimmediately reduce to $50.

A reply as soon as possible would be appreciated. I have these messages as proof of my request in the event that OPTUS cancels my landline before, or on November 9, 2018 as I advised. 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

TRANSFERRING TO THE NBN BEFORE NOVEMBER 9, 2018

URGENT - URGENT - URGENT

My name is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX– No mobile phone.

I requested a copy of a transcript of a 'chat' which I had with a man named 'JAXON' on September 23, 2018 between noon and 3 pm.  I have not received a reply. 

OPTUS will cancel my landline if I don't switch before the beginning of November 2018. This chat involved a reference number etc. which offered me a $50 per month plan.  He told me it would start off at $70.00 when OPTUS set it up, and would then iimmediately reduce to $50.

A reply as soon as possible would be appreciated. I have these messages as proof of my request in the event that OPTUS cancels my landline before, or on November 9, 2018 as I advised. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: TRANSFERRING TO THE NBN

Hi

Firstly and most importantly you must edit both your posts and remove your personnel details. This is a public forum and the information you have given would enable someone to impersonate you.

Secondly the only way you are going to solve your issue is to ring Optus.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Hi,

As @Davelew mentioned, please remove your personal details (Hit EDIT POST bottom right) as you provided enough information for any forum member to fully access your account and change it how they want (including ordering new phones or plans for themselves). Only provide these details directly to a moderator on request (when you click on there name you will be able to send a personal message PM)

On your issue there's no need to worry just yet. It doesn't help that Optus marketting and sales will tend to highlight the apparent dire nature of your situation to encourage you to sign up to new plans. This isn't really the case. Its very unlikely the deadline you've been provided will be the actual time your phone is disconnected.

FWIW Optus staff are pretty unreliable in sending transcripts and confirmation of details. This doesn't mean the deal you have agreed to isn't being set up. Contact Optus again (LiveChat) and just confirm your new plan is being processed ($50 a month). Note that $50 a month is a low amount for internet so confirm that will be the eventual monthly price. Also ask for the CIS Number that applies to your plan. If you want to save trasncripts do a COPY and PASTE of the window BEFORE ending the chat. Also I suggest you get a sales person to send even a one line email to you confirm the main details of any contract you sign up to. 

But all that aside, you should be on track to get a new NBN line soon. Are you on ADSL or Optus Cable now?  

What postcode are you in?

FWIW I would suggest investing in a cheap mobile phone if you have reception. They cost $5-$20 at KMart etc. Any mobile phone can ring 000 without a SIM any time. Then perhaps grab a long expiry Optus PrePaid plan. For just $60 one time you will get a phone number for 365 days that anyone can ring you on. Good for emergencies anyway.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

OK, I didn't realize that, thank you for your advice, will detele it now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

OK, I didn't realize that, thank you for your advice, will detele it now. Both emails are deleted. I chatted online about an hour ago and was able to get a copy of my transcript on 23.9.2018 which is all I really wanted.

Thank you Dave - have a great day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I deleted the two emails, thanks for your advice.  I chatted online about an hour ago and managed to get a copy of the transcript emailed to me. Thank you Dave, have a great day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

my two previous messages still appear on YESCROWD, there is no option to delete them.  I went to Edit but it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

We're you signed in when you tried to edit?

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Just Hit the REPORT INAPPROPRIATE button on each thread and put "Personal Details" as the reason.  A mod should tidy it up soon. Glad you got your transcript. Out of interest do you know what plan offer you are getting? I can see speed pack 1 (Slowest speed) could be got for $60 but $50 is a very good deal.

Peter Gillespie

Top Contributors