cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Xaviera
New Contributor

Reset Temporary Email Password

I recently joined Prepaid Mobile Broadband and then registered for My Account. They sent me a temporary password which was very easy to change. Then I set up an Email account and was sent a temporary password for that. I was told to reset it using My Account. However I have looked all over My Account and can't find anywhere to change an Email password (as opposed to the password for My Account itself). Could anyone please be kind enough to tell me where and how to change my temporary Email password to a permanent one of my own choosing? I have rung Customer Service twice and spoken on Live Chat twice and nobody seemed to understand or be able to help.Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Moderator Kartika

Re: Reset Temporary Email Password

Hey @Xaviera sorry for your experience over the phone and Live Chat before. I understand what you are looking for. When you login into My Account on the dashboard itself just scroll down. Click on the broadband username to expand then click on Settings (right hand-side menu) > Go to My Optus Email Accounts, click Manage Account. Let me know how you go. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Xaviera
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply. However the problem is that when I go in to Settings, there is no My Optus Email Accounts, or anything that mentions Email at all. There are 6 mostly phone-type settings, but no mention of Email. What to do?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hey @Xaviera, have you logged in to Optusnet using your temporary password? Typically it will prompt you to change it then.

Feel free to send me a private message with your account number, full name and DOB. I can check your My Account on our end and see what's going on.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Xaviera
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I have logged in to Optusnet using my temporary password, but there was no prompt to change it. I have sent you my details as requested and I am very grateful for your help with this problem.

0 Kudos