Searching...
Accepted Solution

Order update email

[ Edited ]
Mazluc1

Hi, I’ve received an email from myaccount@optus.com.au stating my phone number & giving me an order tracking number. I’ve not ordered anything and am worried this is a scam. Any ideas?

Re: Order update email

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

There have been several reports of malicious attachments being sent from that Optus email account and I suspect there is some fraudulent angle to the email you have received. Best to delete it and if in doubt speak with support.

Mazluc1

Thank you. I’ve logged in to my account and there is an order under my account but I can’t understand it. It just has the name of my plan, says I ordered today and that order is closed / completed. Then below that is says USIM and then completed invalid date. So seems somewhat legit but some sort of error?

Solution

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

I was about to edit my post and say it might pay to check your account in case someone has got into it. I would suggest having a word with support via the live chat link below and ask them what the story is with that order.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Mazluc1

Thanks! Will do

Mazluc1

FYI apparently the email is because my account has been moved to a new system internally. Strange!

Fnk

Checked with my Optus shop. They showed that two Order Updates had been placed, but no details were given.

So seems like a scam.

Fnk

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
4 Kudos
3 Kudos
3 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos