Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus

This is about OPTUS itself.  How do they get away with not being available to customers through phone, online, chat or app?  Can't even call the company.  I just want to change my credit cards details but it doesn't work online and the others are "too busy" to be able to address me at all.  

Does anyone know what the problem is with Optus?  I've been try for several days and get no further.

Thanks.  Should I be changing supplier?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Optus

They supplied NBN services and promised blah bandwidth, while the NBN couldnt deliver. The NBN used cowboys to install wires all over people's living rooms, and then supplied dodgy components and didn't test the connections properly. People snowed in the TIO with complaints, so they are in bog as well. Currently, Optus are dealing with complaints of complaints of complaints that they couldn't fix the last complaint of the complaint.

They are lucky to still be in business.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

It would appear to me that leading up to Christmas they were already under the pump and things appear to have gotten even worse. I am told their live chat has been updated and this has also caused issues. Personally I think phone support is not much chop with any of the main providers.

The link below suggests you can change this information yourself however Murphys law will probably kick as it always does when things go wrong. I would persist with the live chat if you can't change it yourself.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/how-to-set-up-change-or-cancel-direct-debit?requestType=...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@10000000000GB Harsh (but fair?)

Taking a look at the general tone of new posts here at the Yes Crowd, its becoming apparent that more and more customers are not getting the service they expect (and have paid for).  Optus management seem to have made some pretty cynical behind the scene decisions and the results appear to be a steadily growing stream of upset and anger.

The first point of contention would seem to be the customer service desk. Staffed by people eager to help but with widely varying degrees of training, recources and power. Just getting through is arduous, then getting to the right department. The volume of 'I was hung up on / disconnected' reports suggests a growing issue there. Customers seem to have no single point of contact and calls back gets a different person with a different approach. Staff don't help here promising to followup but then never appearing again.

That's before you get to the actual issues people are trying to get resolved. After far too long, the (Optus supported) premium SMS scam is being put down. But still the management decision to aggressively dump customers on HFC networks and blame the NBN for everything. Offering unlimited and 12Mbps plans and then buying insuffuceint bandwidth to cover customer usage. Excessive excess fees charge for unwanted mobile data and no way to say no. in so many areas Optus seems to have made the regretable decision to canabalise its product and name in pursuit of short term profitability. 

Optus is a big ship, and its going to take some big efforts, time (and a lot of $) to shift its course. Decisions made years ago are playing out now just as the industry disruption of the NBN and Mobile Data is ramping up. Customers will soon be able to (can) jump to better service and products from any competitor (big or small). Here's hoping Optus can provide the incentive to stay.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos