Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
TurboAussie
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus Staff Dont Know the Meaning of BPAY VIEW

I have been moving all of my Bills to BPAY VIEW

When I tried to connect my Optus Accounts to Westpac, I got this message that said:

BPAY VIEW CLOSED FOR THIS BILLER. PLEASE CONTACT OPTUS.

That was the message I dreaded because I knew for a certaintly that they would not have clue what it means.

I rang today and spoke to this hopeless and useless OVERSEAS woman, and she DID NOT KNOW the meaning of:

"BPAY VIEW"

She not only did not know what it is, but tried to talk me into a Direct Debit, (because she thought that a Direct Debit was the same thing as I was talking about!!!

THESE PEOPLE ARE CLOWNS from OVERSEAS and are supposed to understand their own products!

I absolutely RESENT trying to discuss my telephone bill with someone overseas who have no clue about what they sell and manage. I would dearly love to go elsewhere, but the problem exists with both Telstra, and Vodafone and Optus.

These companies have NO IDEA what it means to provide service and to look after their customers.

The one and only good thing is that the Optus Service (mobiles and landline and internet) seem to function ok. I am happy with that, but I HATE having to ring this company and ask any question because of their sheer incompetence.

Their management who also come from Overseas could not care one tiny little bit. That is proved by the fact that they will not correct the problems that they have caused.

I will remain with Optus because the choices are not good, and what else is there for the price...

I have now said my bit. Anyone else have the same experience?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Optus Staff Dont Know the Meaning of BPAY VIEW

Really sorry for the lack of support when you need it @TurboAussie. Myself and the other moderators check all the posts/messages that come through YesCrowd so your feedback is always tagged and passed on. 

Signing up to YesCrowd is a great, new way to get support, the support articles will save you heaps of time instead of calling up. Not only can other users share their experiences, but moderators will always step in if you still need assistance. 

I searched "Bpay View" on the forum and found this page which shows you all the ways you can pay with Optus. Unfortunately Bpay View is not an option. 

You can also shoot a moderator a private message any time you need account specific assistance. Let me know if you still need a hand with anything. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
TurboAussie
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have been ringing the number that I was told to ring: The message inside the Bank gives the OPTUS NUMBER to call.

1800-214-970

It says that they will call back within 2 business days

Did I receive a call ? hmmmmm? Absolutely not.

I rang a total of 3 times, and of course No Answer.

Do you think I am surprised that no body bothered to ring me back? I am not surprised and I knew that no one would bother.

When someone checks the message bank (on that number) they will find 3 calls from me.

What a shocking disgrace this company is.

USELESS OPERATORS FROM OVERSEAS WHICH MOST AUSTRALIANS DO NOT WANT.

Will you make changes? I know that you will not fix anything.

In addition I tried to AD A SERVICE and the message says that it takes up to 48 hours.

Did anything happen in 48 hours? Of course not !!!!!

I tried to ad my home phone to the mobile account so that everything is in the one account.

Of course no one did a thing about it. Why? It is because of a CULTURE of a COULD NOT CARE LESS ATTITUDE.

You deliberately employ useless operators from third world countries, so that is why we cant expect good service.

0 Kudos
TurboAussie
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I gave up in the end. Could not fix:

1) Paying using BPAY VIEW which was my preference. The most frustrating part is that some overseas based Optus staff dont know their own products. One woman tried to talk me into a direct debit. I simply want all of my bills to go via BPAY view if possible.

2) I tried about 6 times to "Ad a Service" and make my Home Internet Account viewable inside the one loging with mny mobiles. I did it properly. I even rang Optus in the end and asked them to do it. They told me that did it and it would take 48 hours. It Never Happend even after 2 weeks or more. I gave up. Optus staff dont know what they are doing, and trying to explain anything is nearly impossible.

3) The most frustrating thing is the overseas call centres. I fail to see why I as an Australian is FORCED to speak with people from other countries about my telephone account. I know they are doing for cost cutting, and in this process they upset all of us, just so this asian based company can have their own people. This shows NO REGARD WHATSOEVER for us as Australians. It is most difficult trying to communicate with people that barely know English in many cases.

I gave up and went for an Australian Based Company that have Australian Operators and they connect using the Telstra 4G network and they have a $30 Unlimited Plan and a $45 Unlimited Plan as well for those that want more data. I got fed up with the ways that Optus do things. I didnt get the BPAY VIEW but the other benefits made them more attractive.

Turbo Aussie

0 Kudos
Pete
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

I can appreciate your concerns with this and can see Toomey did pass on your feedback. Sorry once again.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos