cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor pandnj
Occasional Contributor

Optus Mobile Insurance

Can Optus please tell me if its normal practice to enter an Optus store 9 (yes nine) times for an insurance claim on a mobile phone, and the result of those 9 (yes nine) visits has still not realised a replacement phone, even though several weeks ago the excess was paid.

The terrible service in Doncaster Westfield is a disgrace, the insurance that we have paid over the last 18 months is a disgrace, the lack of accountability by Optus is a disgrace.

For information the phone (iPhone) will not be accepted by the staff in the store even though the claim is registered and the excess has been paid. And yes, all the parameters have been realised. Yes Find my iPhone has been turned off. No, we cannot wipe the phone its been accidently dropped so will not turn on, 5 (yes five) times before that message registered with your staff.

Has Optus sold us mobile phone insurance under false pretences?

Does any level of accountability exist at Optus?

When will our iPhone be fixed or replaced? Hey this is important, believe it or not!

No we are not going to take it to the Apple store, that why we have paid Optus insurance! 3 (yes three) times this was asked.

For information regarding this claim call (Optus Westfield Doncaster) they will know about the claim. If they don’t you have employed Zombies!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Optus Mobile Insurance

Hi @pandnj, thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here.

This all sounds incredibly strange. The consultants at our Doncaster store refused to send away the broken handset? You've made the claim via our claims unit 1800 501 971? You've then gone in store and asked that they send the handset away for assessment (which is the standard process)? When did we request payment of the excess amount, did this happen during the initial call you'd made to our claims team?

Are you able to send through your account details? I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. I'm more than happy to contact the Doncaster store on your behalf and confirm what's going on with this one.

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor pandnj
Occasional Contributor

Ok I will send the details but how can I make the post private? or is there an alternate email address?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, you'd just need to click on my Yes Crowd handle (profile name). You'll then be direct to by YC profile page, I'll just need you to click the message tab. Let us know once that's been sent and we'll respond back as soon as we can. Look forward to hearing back. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos