cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

DCQLD
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus Inability to add multiple services to the same My Account

I recently signed up for the month to month Optus Mobile Broadband service and have wanted to have this new service appear under My Account, so that it appeared as an additional service along with my Mobile phone.

As an existing customer, I was surprised to find that signing up for an additional service didn't automatically appear under my existing account.

After searching for instructions on how to do this, and only finding what appear to be old and no longer relevant instructions, I contacted Optus via Twitter to get this resolved, as well as to fix up a new billing problem that they had created for me.

They have been quite helpful, but have been unable to get the problem resolved for me.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  What needs to be done to get this fixed, and why the heck can't Optus fix their own system?

Cheers,

Darren

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Wilbycat
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Optus Inability to add multiple services to the same My Account

We have three accounts with Optus: mobiles, broadband and payTV. I can access the mobile through the online system but when I try to link up either of the ither two accounts, the Optus system doesn’t recognise the account numbers. Go figure. FWIW I’ve been told that it’s because we were originally a cable broadband customer, and it can’t be ‘fixed’.

Don’t get me started on how impossible it is to manage an email account through their useless interface.

Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

@Wilbycat @DCQLD, shout out if you need a hand with this one. I'm happy to go in and manually link the services from the back end. You're welcome to chat with us over private message. 

You'll need to fill out the template below send it through as a private message.

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N

Your full name:

DOB:

Mobile number or order number: 

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
DCQLD
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan,

I've provided my details via Twitter DM to a few different people (over the past few weeks) and this is still ongoing, with the only that change that under my My Optus account, my mobile phone service has been dropped, and I can now only view my postpaid mobile broadband service.  Why both services can't be linked under the one account is beyond me (and based on the number of Optus people that have tried and failed, seems to indicate a bigger problem).

Last I heard (Thursday/Friday) was that Wes was going to consolidate the accounts under one bill, but this has still not happened.

Someone from Optus sent me a DM via Twitter (Friday, 6:41AM) to advise that he wasn't sure of the approach that Wes was going to take and that they would send Wes an email, but I've heard nothing since then.

So, in short, there's been lots of communication, with lots of people (which I appreciate) but no actual fix to my problem (which is obviously frustrating).

I think the services have been manually linked a number of times, but the problem still exists.

Also, there is a broader problem with the My Optus iPad app - it refuses to accept that both my Optus post paid mobile number and my Optus Mobile Broadband number are actually Optus numbers.  I have also reported this (along with screen captures from my iPad).  Reviews on the App Store point to the same thing - the iPad app is broken (as was the general Yes Optus app for mobile phones).

It would be great if the iPad app could be fixed at some point as well.

Cheers,

Darren

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey Darren, I'm a mobile billing expert for social media and can double check your account if you wish. It most likely just needs configuring properly on our end which it sounds like Wes is looking into.

Issues are often caused by multiple customer profiles, essentially every customer should only have 1 profile for their multiple accounts. An email address can only belong to 1 profile, so if a new profile has been created for you, this could be what's causing the problem.

If you send through the details Dan has requested, I'll check your account(s) and twitter profile to make sure everything is being done correctly and get back to you asap. Please include your primary email address also.

Thanks,

Toomey

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
DCQLD
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Toomey,

This has been ongoing since May 2 (over Twitter DM), and I'm fairly positive that one of the five or more Optus people that have looked into it has been Dan (although it's possible that there are multiple Dan's).  So far I've had interactions with Shauna, Jordan, Alex, Dan, Phil and Wes (to name a few).

At this point, I've pretty much given up on it being rectified, and will just cancel the service instead, as the inability to share data between my mobile service and my mobile broadband service has started to cost me money (primarily as I have two mobile phones, one with Optus, and one with TPG that I was looking at putting on their lowest plan as I still require the number).  Add to that the cost of my TPG ADSL account that I was hoping to say goodbye to, an Optus 4G Plus modem that I also bought, this has been a costly and thoroughly disappointing attempt at consolidating services.

Unfortunately, I have no faith in Optus to actually get something that should have been relatively simple, right.

Further to this, the iPad app that I have been advised to use, doesn't actually work - it refuses to accept that either of my mobile services (phone and broadband) are actually Optus numbers.  Oh, and I have also raised this via Twitter DM.

While I appreciate the help provided by everyone, I am just amazed that this hasn't been sorted out, and will probably never be sorted out.

It's easier just to walk away from Optus, and once my mobile plan has ended, say goodbye to Optus forever.

Cheers,

Darren

0 Kudos
DCQLD
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Argh, I feel your pain.  😞

At this point, I'm just going to walk away from my mobile broadband with Optus and go back to TPG and ADSL.  Once my mobile phone contract has ended, that'll be the last time I ever deal with Optus again.

If they can someone get it fixed (ha ha ha ha) prior to my next bill coming in, I'll reconsider as I do like the faster speeds (no NBN where I am until the end of 2019 at the earliest).

Cheers,

Darren

0 Kudos