cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

NO INTERNET FOR 5 DAYS

Our cable internet is not working.

Logging in to the app to message Optus is not working.

Can not get through to Optus to speak to someone.

Tried ALL the trouble shooting.

All modem lights on and Green.

TRYING TO WORK FROM HOME - HELP! 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: NO INTERNET FOR 5 DAYS

Hi @BCI, I understand that this would be frustrating if you're trying to work from home!

Without looking at your service I can only offer some general advice here.

If all the lights on your modem are green then it should be a-ok, are you only connecting through WiFi? If that's the case then I'd really suggest trying to connect to your modem via an ethernet/LAN cable to test the connection itself.

I hope this helps!

If it doesn't, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Messaging team again so that we can take a closer look at what's occurring with your connection - it's really important that you advise you have no working connection and leave your full name so our Messenger team can look into this for you.

You can chat with us via My Account here.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply - We've tried everything - including connecting directly to the modem. It is the cable internet.

The app is not letting me log on so I can not message for help.

I've managed to get through to Optus a different way but they are now telling me that they can see no activity on our internet all year - there's 5 of us who've been using it daily all year! 

STILL no answers and STILL no internet - trying to run a business from home, trying to pay suppliers and communicate with clients and employees with no internet is proving very difficult!

Optus has been great with providing me with more mobile data however we need our home internet and wifi as we have 5 in the house!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

STILL no internet for a MONTH!

CABLE has been cancelled even though no NBN has been installed!

NBN installer was meant to install yesterday BUT DIDN'T SHOW UP! We took the day off FOR NOTHING!

This appointment was confirmed TWICE last week over the phone by OPTUS! 

I spent 1 HOUR on hold with Optus this morning to now be told that NBN will be installed on the 25TH OF JUNE!

I am trying to homeschool 3 children at home WITH NO INTERNET FOR A MONTH! And no - HOTSPOTTING IS NOT WORKING!

IS THIS NOT CRITICAL OPTUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

How frustrating, BCI.

As Alex_RH already mentioned we don't have visibility of your service here on our public forum I'm afraid so can't really assist.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter  with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos