cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor driver
New Contributor

My optusnet email address

Hello, I currently have a mobile phone account ($35 My Plan Plus) & a mobile broadband account (My MBB Plus 12GB) which I use for my laptop, my phone acc. is on the 4G network & my MBB is on the 3G network.
When I started up my MBB acc. (2010) I also received an Optusnet Email address.
My question is this, if I was to cancel my MBB acount, due to the house being put on  ADSL(?) with WiFi through another IP provider (hey, it aint my house, & the landline's been with the same company since the '70s, & it's not my... call) would this mean that I lose my Optusnet Email address, which would me a major pain, or am I allowed to keep the address with my mobile phone account?
The mobile phone account is staying with Optus.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: My optusnet email address

Hi @driver

Yes, once the mbb has been cancelled the email will be cancelled as well. The good thing though is you have a lot of options to keep it. You can ask them to put a t90 request to reserve it for 3 months first before cancelling the dsl service then you can buy a $2 prepaid mbb sim and recharge it with the minimum amount before the number expires which is 6 months, you can also get a data sharing sim, not sure how much it cost though and you'll get addl data to share on your mobile and you can keep the email as well.

New Contributor driver
New Contributor

Re: My optusnet email address

Hi @Beyms, I had a feeling I already knew the answer but as you say, there are options.
The bummer is my Hotmail acc. is for social & my Optusnet is for business etc. & I couldn't be ****** (bothered) trawling through every contact to deal with it.
Thanks for the reply, I'll optionate during the week... it all smells like a first world problem to me.  Smiley Wink
Cheers!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors