cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor joeyhoey
New Contributor

Merge accounts and share data

I have two accounts. One account has my phone and the other is for my ipad.

Both with different billings which is okay but I like to merge accounts so that they share data between the two since I am paying fo everything.

How do I go abouts doing this?

8 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Merge accounts and share data

I don't think you can share data between phones and pads.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I think you can providing they are on the one account and both plans were eligible for data pooling.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Ok,

Well the main thing then is just that the billing address is the same for both plans. The actual data sharing is then automatic as i understand it.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

There was some garb about different account numbers not being compatible or something to that affect and it does make me wonder why they have two seperate bills in the first place.

0 Kudos
New Contributor joeyhoey
New Contributor

Yes I have both account in my single Optus login but the data are combined together. Is there an easy way of requesting this to get combined.?

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Have you confirmed both plans are eligible for data sharing? Contact live chat

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor joeyhoey
New Contributor

So finally solved it.

Optus can consolidate two different accounts together in their new system. So long as they are both the same "Type" of account. Apparently my iPad was on a Business plan, and my 2 iphones were on a Personal Plan.

I was advise to call up 133937 (don't speak to chat beause they can not do it) and they were able to do it within a few minutes. Switched my business plan to personal and grouped the ipad and iphones together so now they are all sharing the same.

Unsure about billing though. That be interesting what to see comes through at end of month.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Excellent.

0 Kudos