Searching...

How do I log in?

2Nick

Why is this website so apallingly bad? All I want to do is log in to view my usage, but it seems that's too difficult an option for Optus to provide.

Now I have to log in with an email address, which I don't believe I've ever provided. If I have, then it's not in their system as the website doesn't recognise mine. Previously I would just log in with my phone number and password. I've tried that, doesn't work. I've tried to reset my account password, but it says it doesn't recognise my username. I've tried to log in with my password, it says I don't have an account. I've tried to register an account, it doesn't accept my details. I've tried to request a new username with my email address, it doesn't recognise that. I've wanted to register with my account number, but I don't have one as I prepay.

If anyone has any ideas, or perhaps if anyone at Optus could get off their lazy backsides and help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: How do I log in?

Aman_B

Definitely get that this would be frustrating @2Nick. If you’d like to chat to one of our team members now, please go here: http://yesopt.us/chat2us

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Astrayan

Even if you do it all correctly, and create a My Account, and migrate your phone account into it, then it still doesn't work without clearing your cookies, or using in cognito mode.

Aman_B

Not really @Astrayan. You don't have to clear cookies every time as such. May I confirm if this is something that was raised with our customer care? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Astrayan

I have raised this issue, but it went nowhere. Other people on Whirlpool, with the same 100GB plan have the same problem. I have 2 services inside my account. I don't know if that makes any difference.

I log in, and tick "stay logged in", then I let the browser sit. After 2 hours, if I refresh, I get

Invalid session.
Please close your browser and Login again.

The fact that Optus advises me to close down my entire browser when this happens, indicates that it's a known issue, that they don't want to fix. I haven't had this error on the account, prior to moving the 100GB post paid account into it.

Once the login error occurs, I can't log into Yes Crowd, either. It's pretty normal for me to have to open Yes Crowd in a clean browser and then find my way back to the thread.

I will move the 100GB account over to a new My Account. My Android app also refuses to give me details of the 100GB account.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
6 Kudos
3 Kudos
3 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos