cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Have postpaid accounts for both mobile and internet - only one recognised in MyAccount

I have Optus postpaid accounts for both internet and mobile phone. Only the internet account is recognised in MyAccount (both the App and online).

I am eligible for the 20Mb Covid19 bonus data on my mobile account. But because MyAccount does not recognise my mobile account, I am unable to register for the bonus data - available this month only. Help please!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Have postpaid accounts for both mobile and internet - only one recognised in MyAccount

I had a similar issue some time ago. Only one account was linked to myAccount online. My HFC account is so old ('90s) it causes problems with Optus' billing systems.

My issue was my mobile account was showing but i wanted to see data for broadband. Online chat assistant was able to swap them but not have both appear at the same time.

One solution they offered was to combine both accounts onto one bill. Not sure if that would solve your issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Have postpaid accounts for both mobile and internet - only one recognised in MyAccount

Hi Joan45,

Please see our help and support page Add Services to My Account

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to those who replied.  

As it turned out, I solved the problem myself via a sudden flash of insight (yes, still happens occasionally!).

In case anyone else is in the same hole, I'll outline the issue:  I first joined Optus via my mobile service, opening a postpaid mobile account. In the process I used the email address of my then internet provider (not Optus).  As I did not have occasion to register for an online Optus account at that stage, it did not occur to me that this email became, by default, my Optus account ID. 

A couple of months later I decided to transfer my internet to Optus as well. I was told this would involve a separate account. (At that stage - and still to this day AFAIK - my mobile and internet accounts could not be combined into one, but I have not obsessed over this).

So even after transferring my internet service to Optus I still did not have occasion to open an Optus online account until I realised I could only eliminate payment fees (!!) on my internet account by using direct debit. So I opened a myAccount in order to do this, and the ID/username required was my OPTUS email address.

You can probably see where this is heading. Once having opened a myAccount, for some reason I blithely assumed it would include both my accounts. When it appeared not to, I tried to find a way to link them - downloaded the app etc, hunted around, talked to customer service etc at that stage but to no avail. The only account that ever appeared online was my internet account.

And that - on reflection - was of course because my phone account could only be accessed via my original non-Optus email ID/username that I had never previously used for that purpose. So.. I tried logging in to myAccount using that "username" (had to reset the password!) and guess what...

Eureka!

I now have two separate myAccount logins, one for each service. Makes sense I suppose when you think about it :).  

0 Kudos