Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Half way through a 2 year contract and need to remove my daughter from the shared contract

FlossyFay

Good Morning, 

Need a little advise.

Is there anyway to split up the contract that i have with my daughter included in on it. She has now moved out and needs to be responsible for her own billing.

We've both got new phone with the package, we bought across our own numbers from the previous provider.

Solution

Re: Half way through a 2 year contract and need to remove my daughter from the shared contract

SamSam

You've got a couple of options, both involving you contacting Optus direct.

First is to simply seperate it out onto another bill. This means the service is in your name still so you're legally responsible still but you can have the bill sent to your daughter and it'll just have her charges on it. This is the quickest, easiest option but probably not the best long term.

The second option is to change the ownership of the service into your daughters name. This involves credit checks and setting her up with her own account but it makes her legally responsible and she'll start to gain (or add to) a credit history which can be beneficial for other things. You can request this online but both of you have some forms to fill in. This would be my suggestion.

Both options are free to do but make sure there's no discounts that are tied to you having all your services on the one bill as you may lose them

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Re: Half way through a 2 year contract and need to remove my daughter from the shared contract

FlossyFay

Thank you for the simple options, i'll see what works best and give them a call.

petergdownload

Just a note that at the moment you both share your data allowances. If you seperate them then you each revert to individual amounts.

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
3 Kudos
3 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos