cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Finding out my account number

Please don't laugh! A few days ago, connected an Optus Fixed Wireless NBN. It works. So far so good.

However, Optus haven't told me an account number or login details. So I can't track my usage or bills.

Did the obvious. Rang Optus, got passed through 3 departments who couldn't find any record, then said to call NBN as they should sort it. <groan> rang NBN who of course said, nothing to do with us, ring Optus.

I have an existing account for my mobile phone but it doesn't display anything to do with this new account either.

Can anyone suggest what to do next? With luck, Optus have completely forgotten about me and I get to use this service for free haha.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Finding out my account number

Haha hope you get it for free!

Can't believe Optus told you to call NBN, that's not good service. Really you should be able to obtain your account number over the phone or via live chat. Those are your only 2 options until you receive your first bill (which could be too late if you go over) because it'll be printed at the top. 

Does fixed wireless NBN come with a homephone service as well? If so, try calling them from the homephone. There system should pick up the phone number and direct you to the right department to get help

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thx for replying. I did try Live Chat also, no luck.

I would have expected a welcome email from Optus on connection, telling me my account number and phone number.

I was asked, at one point, what the phone number for the new service was. I don't know and I'm not buying a handset to connect, just to find out! What do I need a landline number for, when I have a mobile, is my theory.

So I guess I wait on the first bill to see, and if I've gone over the usage limit, argue with Optus about that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Hi

Perhaps a stupid thought, have you checked your spam folder for an email from Optus?

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Always worth suggesting, thank you. I have checked it (just) and alas not there.

But thanks for posting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

It's the sort of thing I forget to look at.

Hopefully a moderator like @Dan_C will pick this thread up and try to make some sense of it for you.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Hey @lindyjanice, sorry about your experience so far and if you have still not received your account details. I can definitely look into this and also fix your online My Account. Can you please PM us → here your broadband username / connection address, full name and date of birth to proceed. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos