Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor MattyPy
New Contributor

Data usage not available

I have the Optus app on my iPhone.  For a week now, the data usage has not been available - it just gives a message about "technical difficulties" and suggests trying again later.  I have restarted my phone and also reinstalled the app.

I spent nearly 2 hours on chat with Optus about it and they could provide no information or assistance.

Now I notice that the usage is also not available in my Optus dashboard.  There is just says "section failed to load".

I have not been able to access data usage information for a week - this is not acceptable!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Data usage not available

Cant help with the data set but 

Optus are legally required to send SMS at 50%, 85% and 100% (and every subsequent top up).

If you aren't recieving these then you aren't liable for any over usage charges.

That said. set your phone to limit data usage (if possible) to a set amount so it will keep count for you 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

New Contributor MattyPy
New Contributor

Thanks Peter.

Yes I received a 50% notification this morning but given the delay and inaccuracy in these notices, it is not much comfort.

How hard is it to provide this usage data?

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Agreed. It usually works fine. You're just unlucky. Should come good with more prodding.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor gabbs
New Contributor

Hi MattyPy

Just wondering if you managed to get your data usage working? I've been wanting to access mine but also having the same problem. It's driving me mental. 

0 Kudos
Contributor MattyPy2
Contributor

Sorry had to create a new user because Yes Crowd would not allow me to login with my old one or connect to it - well done Optus!

Anyway, no the issue is not resolved.  I have wasted hours on chat and phone with Optus support and gotten exactly nowhere.

Last contact they created a case for technical issue so maybe something will come of it.  They said 3-5 days.  It hasn't worked for nearly two weeks, so what's another few days...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
New Contributor Lukef
New Contributor

I called support the other day as I renewed my contract and have the exact same issue.

Trouble is I cant see what I signed up for, even if I go to the contract page, the downlowd link doesnt work.

Support told me its a wide spread issue and they dont have a solution, it has been like this for weeks for some people apparantely.

They told me they would email the contract, they havent.

Thinking I might cancel as they are now in breach and I dont have any confidence they have it right.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Pete
RetiredModerator

Hey guys, since posting were you guys able to chat with someone who was able to get this fixed? If you're still needing a hand with this, please DM me through your full name, d/o/b and mobile numbers so I can take a closer look into this. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Contributor MattyPy2
Contributor

Numerous chats and calls to Optus did nothing to resolve the issue.

It did end up working again once my monthly quote reset.  Not sure if it was coincincidence but it wasn't working the night before and then in the morning it worked (after my account reset overnight).

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Pete
RetiredModerator

Hmm, if anything changes just let me know and I'll check it out for you.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos