Searching...

Data sim not showing on account?

bitcoinmark

I bought a 12 month mobile data (sim only) plan. The sim is active and I ser it up in a 4g modem. How can I check my data usage? I need that account linked to my Optus mobile account. I have no way of checking usage and bills.

cheers

Re: Data sim not showing on account?

Ev_

Hey there, does it allow you to link the service via My Account? If you have any issues, feel free to send through a private message with your account details so we can take a look into it for you. We'll need your full name, DOB, account number and My Account login email. Cheers

bitcoinmark

I can't find an option to link the account because I was not privded with a login or password. I will PM you now.

HeySam

Was there a solution to this problem. I have the same problem. It would be nice if Optus could share with crowd instead of keeping the answers private.

Tris

Ev in this case requested the other user's details as they were having trouble linking their service. All you need to do is set up a My Account profile and link the service on your end Smiley Happy You can register then link the account here. It's a really easy process

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

HeySam

OK, so I tried to link my data sim to my account and it said "A security code will be sent to 04xx xxx xxx. Please enter it to link your service.". Now considering that this is a data only sim card that sits in my modem, how do I receive the code to enter in the website? I thought about swapping the sim card into my phone, but the sim card in the modem is one of the larger sim card that don't fit in today's modern phones. Any suggestions?

Tris

Sorry about that, please send me a PM with your full name, DOB as well as the number for the service. I'll try sorting it out on my end Smiley Happy

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

DCQLD

If only it was.

I have been trying to link a new Optus service with an existing Optus service under the same My Account login.

Optus have been unable to resolve this for a couple of weeks now.

It really shouldn't be a difficult process.

Cheers,

Darren

HeySam

Optus were able to link my new data only service to My Account. It took them a few days but they got there in the end. Sounds like they had to create an account in their system for the new service first. Doesn't look like you can do it yourself for data only sim cards.

DCQLD

Lucky you. :-)

I have an existing mobile service (as well as the new postpaid mobile broadband service), and have asked Optus to link the services under the one account.

That was two weeks ago now - I’m still waiting.

To their credit, the support people have been quite helpful, and they have apparently escalated it, but nothing has happened yet (it’s been almost a week since they escalated it).

Support on the forums here continually claim it can be done under My Account, but there is no option to add a service under there.

It’s getting to the point that I’m about to cancel the service because Optus can’t resolve their problem.

Why the services aren’t linked to a specific account in the first place is beyond me.

Cheers,

Darren

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
8 Kudos
4 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos
3 Kudos