cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

DOES OPTUS TECH SUPPORT EXIST?

Long story - will try and cut it short. For  weeks I've not been able to access my account. It says retrieving account information then goes straight to my profile page asking me to verify an inactive linked old account. I've contacted optus support asking for it to be removed and for 2 weeks they keep saying 24 -48 hours. This is stupid - all I want to do is access my account. Why can't they just unlink the old account? I've had the issued raised and tech support keep telling me to do the same thing over and over again. Reset the password - try on a different browser (I've tried it on 4 browsers) I'm about ready to pull my hair out. This is just bad bad service on Optus's part. Anyone know how I can get this resolved?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: DOES OPTUS TECH SUPPORT EXIST?

Persistence is the only thing that works with Optus. Try and get a reference number and employee ID so you at least have something to go back at them with. You could also raise a complaint if the issue keeps dragging on.

https://offer.optus.com.au/for-you/support/complaints

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yeah I have a job reference number. I also have at least half a dozen chat messages saved. I will most certainly be lodging a complaint that's for sure

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That would be an IT issue moreso than a tech support issue but your frustration is definitely understandable.

Have you been provided the case number for a IT ticket being logged? First step if it hasn't been already is getting that escalated.

This is not something that we can assist with here on the forum however if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. I've had to call upon them to help out with some MyAccount issues for customers and they've resolved it each time, involving IT when needed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos