Searching...

Changing my plan

TylerC

I have changed my plan online which did not  work despite telling me it was successful and I would receive an email. 

I then used the live chat to try and achieve the same thing and was sent the link to the same change my plan page, I completed that page got the successful page again saying it had processed and I would recieve an email. AGAIN none of this happened a further 2 times I have tried to change the plan online to be told it works and nothing happens, I have screenshots of the page which says that it ha sheen successful however I have entered the next billing period and nothing has changed!

Now when I have gone to chase it up for the umpteenth time the price if the plans have changed I am beyond annoyed.

Changing my plan

TylerC

I have changed my mobile plan online which did not  work despite telling me it was successful and I would receive an email. 

I then used the live chat to try and achieve the same thing and was sent the link to the same change my plan page, I completed that page got the successful page again saying it had processed and I would recieve an email. AGAIN none of this happened a further 2 times I have tried to change the plan online to be told it works and nothing happens, I have screenshots of the page which says that it ha sheen successful however I have entered the next billing period and nothing has changed!

Now when I have gone to chase it up for the umpteenth time the price if the plans have changed I am beyond annoyed.

Re: Changing my plan

Dan_C

@TylerC, can you shoot through the link we'd sent you?

I just want to find out  which team is responsible for actioning the rate plan change. 

You're welcome to send us a PM with your account details. I'll need you to fill out the template below and send that through to → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N

Your full name:

DOB:

Account number:

Which plan were you interested in? I'm happy pop through the rate plan change from my end. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

petergdownload

That sounds frustrating. IME the Optus auto change plans and communication can be a bit hit and miss. Its still quite likely your request is being processed. Sending out confirmation details of exactly what you and Optus contract to is something that is not done well enough in many cases. Unfortunately the online option might not immeadiately update other systems so CS staff can't see it either. The billing might take a while to also update. Your next bill will hopefully be quite complex as your old plan is prorataed and the new one kicks off.

What offer were you going for btw?

Peter Gillespie

kennedye

Hi I'm also having this issue:

I've been trying to upgrade my plan (not recontract - just increase). I've been using the website https://offer.optus.com.au/mobilerpc/ to enter my phone number and validate my service. I'm currently on a $120 my plan plus and the website then gives me 2 options: $125 my plan plus or $145 my plan plus. I've tried this numerous times now and it keeps saying that the order has successfully been submitted but I never recieved any confirmation emails or anything. I've spoken to someone on the optus chat, and instore, and over the phone and they keep telling me this is only for new and recontracting customers. 

There are 2 issues here: 1, the critical information summaries clearly state 'You can change your plan during your contract term provided you move to a plan with a higher monthly access fee.' and 2. these are the plans that are being offered tailored to my phone number after validation. 

I'm tempted to approach the ombudsmun with false advertising complaint.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1.PNG

2.PNG

1. 3.PNG

Dan_C

Can you fill out the template below and send that back through via private message?

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N
Your full name:

DOB:

Mobile number:

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

We'll get this one processed for you. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Brent12345

I have had the same issue!

Twice I have tried to upgrade online from the $45 my plus to the $65 plan with 5gig as I continually go over my data limit.

Twice I have received a confirmation screen stating this will occur after the next billing period but it never does and Optus continues to rip me off with extra data charges. 

Never before have I had difficulty with a company when trying to upgrade a plan! When following up twice regarding this on live chat the staff have no idea what I’m talking about. This is incredibly frustrating.

I am thinking of just moving to another provider if I cannot get a response from Optus as they don’t seem interested in my business unless it’s charging extortionate fees for extra data.

Ev_

Hey @Brent12345 - I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've had with your rate plan. If you can send through a private message with your account details, we can certainly take a closer look into this for you and assist further. We'll need your full name, date of birth and mobile number. 

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Brent12345

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
3 Kudos
3 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos