Searching...

Changed login credentials

marchred

What idiot in Optus decided to change the logon id from a username to an email address? Does this moron not take into account that not every married couple has their own email address? I've just been told that the only way my wife can access 'My Account' is to have her Optus account associated with a different email address. Even though for the last 'god knows how many years' we have both had our Optus bills sent to the same email address. I get that some couples like to keep their finances separate but why can't those of us who have no secrets be allowed to continue sharing the same email address?

Re: Changed login credentials

Dan_C

I believe the change was made to synchronise your My Account with our new billing/service platform.

You've both got two separate billing accounts under each of your respective names? 

You'd like to have both accounts under the same My Account profile with the one email login?

We'd need to have all your services under the one billing account. 

If you have any other questions, we're happy to try and help out. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

marchred

Hi Dan

Thank you for your reply.

We have had separate accounts/contracts with Optus for many years and have each been able to access our own "My Account" data via a username (surname.forename). Similarly, electronic versions of our individual monthly invoices have been sent to our shared email address - which continues to happen now.

The issue is that our individual usernames no longer work and it appears that unless my wife is prepared to create a fictitious email address, she will not be able to access her "My Account" data online, as our shared email address is now associated with my details.

The other option you suggest is we have to combine our services into one billing account. We don't want to do this.

My simple question is why can't we keep our shared email address and continue to use our respective userid's? What is the rationale for using an email address as a login? Also, when were we advised that this change (using email address as login credentials) was occurring? I have no recollection whatsoever of personally receiving any communication from Optus about the change.

Dan_C

I'm not sure if the change has been progressively rolled out, but I do remember seeing a couple of enquiries almost a year back. Without getting too technical, we've moved to a new billing/service platform. 

Generally, we'll use your email address as your default primary contact method. We're now able to manage My Account enquiries using our new platform, where as in the past, changes had been actioned through a web portal.

That allows us to effectively manage how and what we communicate with you i.e. marketing preferences, billing etc. 

Other than consolidating both accounts, I'm afraid there isn't a work around. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

marchred

OK, so can we continue to have the electronic invoices sent to the same email address without consolidating both accounts or will that change without consulting customers too?

Toomey

Hey @marchred, online billing would be associated with the primary login email address, so it wouldn't be possible to have the bills sent to a separate email in this instance.

If the accounts are now in the new billing system, you could consolidate them to the same customer profile without having them on the same bill. The new system allows multiple account to be linked to one profile so as long as the accounts are in the same name and address, we can link it to the same profile with 1 registered email address. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
7 Kudos
6 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos
3 Kudos