Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
sarahjanebrown5
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cancelling Contract.

How would I go about cancelling my 24 month $120/month with iPhone 7 plus 128gb plan? I have given up with trying to fix my problem as no optus member seems to want to help me, I am constantly being overcharged for data and all they tell me is 'I recommend you turn off your mobile data' considering half the time it was off and they think I've used over 30Gb in two weeks (twice I might add)  without watching much if any video (obviously a load of bull I know). So I want to know how I can cancel the plan, obviously I will need to pay for the phone but I haven't been able to find anyway that even tells me how much I have left to pay on the phone? I'm willing to pay for the phone, but I will not be paying for the 'monthly contract' as Optus has breached their agreement by overcharging me. Is there some way I can cancel and pay off the phone as I'm done with trying to speak to optus' representatives. Thankyou, Sarah.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cancelling Contract.

There is always the possibility that the data usage meter is giving errors however from the many posts on this forum it generally turns out to be some random program that is chewing up all the data. Have you been advised on any steps to check what is using your data? Under settings / cellular usage or the My Optus App both should give you an idea on where this data is going.

The 2 pictures below show data insights on the Optus app and the internal data usage program that comes with the phone.

data-usage-insights1.jpg

data-usage-internal.jpg

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Cancelling Contract.

@sarahjanebrown5 - Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm very disappointed to hear about how difficult you have found trying to have your issue sorted. We apologise for the experience. Would you be able to send through your mobile number, full name and DOB via private message? Happy to take a look for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors