Searching...

gsm research sim card

PaulCav

i'm considering purchasing  a SIM800 breakout board for a project which uses GSM and requires a sim card for communication.

Is there a sim and data package plan that can be used for research into the communication of the device? i don't want a plan that costs $30 a month when all i may need is 2 or 3 days.

Re: gsm research sim card

caaf

Hey,

I think the best you'll get would be $20/3GB/7 days. prepaid-mobile-broadband

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

PaulCav

thanks for the information, it's not exactly what i was wanting but it may be the best i can get from optus.

Esther

Hey there PaulCav - you can pick up a Prepaid starter pack at most servos/major supermarkets to use as a mobile broadband device. Hope this helps! 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Highlighted

Paddylee

Hello,

Please be aware that the SIM800 board is 2g Only and that network on Optus will be closing down by August this year.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
3 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo