cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Trouble with Student Discount

Trying to add another line for my husband on my account with the student discount code from his email but every time I enter it I get an error that the discount code is not valid or the email is not valid but both are (I assume) valid. He even attempted to apply for it again and it gave the same code yet the error message still stays even then. I would like to know how I can fix this and get his phone asap.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Trouble with Student Discount

Not sure what you mean by another line? Is this a second handset with a student discount?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes, I'm american so my terms are probably different but I mean another handset with another number (ie a new phone for him on my existing account)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The student offer as I understand requires a separate .edu email address per offer. So if you are using the same email it won’t work. The promo code is for one time use only so you can’t use the same code either. Have a read of the FAQ’s on the link below and see if that helps.

https://offer.optus.com.au/student-hub

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

It is only the one phone (his) which would have the discount applied to it not mine. 

edit: I didnt use the discount code for my own only his.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Ok let me see if I understand. You are trying to purchase a new phone for your husband with a student discount but you want it on your account. You have been though the process of entering the .edu email address and you have received the promo code. You have tried to enter the promo code when purchasing a new phone online but it gives you an error is that right?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

yes the problem is mostly with the error since it says that the code is invalid despite never using said code lmao

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Odd, at which stage is this happening @ShelbyShuff, have you logged into my account and then tried ordering a phone from the student hub?

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos