cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

International Roaming

I am traveling to Canada in a weeks time and I would like advice on the cheapest/most effective way to use data while I am away.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: International Roaming

Using a local sim when you get to Canada would be my advice or only using WiFi. Data prices when roaming are very expensive in my opinion and not worth the money.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/international-roaming/postpaid?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @sophieatkins, If you already have an Optus service we have a Travel Pack available, more information can be found here. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Are there any better options? 50 MB wouldn't be enough for me, with a business number need to keep same number when away, would need to gps on my phone and keep up with emails and web/social media pages.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Rosepossible, we've recently doubled the data allowance on our Travel Packs, from 50MB to 100MB per day. 🙂

If you travel a lot for work you might want to consider switching to a $105, $130 or $160 My Plan Business plan as they offer a lot more value for regular travellers.

0 Kudos