cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor scottmac99
Contributor

How do I actually get to talk to and Optus shop?

I phoned the 1300 number that is given on the Optus website for the Ballarat shop, and all that did is send me on a never-ending cycle of pressing '1' and '2' but never actually connecting me with anyone.

My query was about 4G coverage - I had thought that the Ballarat shop might know something about rural areas.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: How do I actually get to talk to and Optus shop?

The Optus stores are really only for sales these days not so much service. 

You're probably best off calling the call centre to ask your question about coverage

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

The problem is they might be able to tell you what the reception is like in a certain area but reception can differ considerably from house to house.

Where I live I can only get very poor Telstra mobile reception but the rest of the street has great reception.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@scottmac99

Add to what @sam Sam’s comment, our call centre or Live Chat are best equipped to handle issues relating to poor coverage. 

There are several checks that can be performed on the back-end (systems that retail staff don't have access to).

We can even look from our end. Feel free to send us a private message

I'll need your complete address and the make and model of the phone you're using. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor scottmac99
Contributor

Exactly my [problem.  I am in a 4G coverage area according to the Optus website, but neighbour has very erratic coverage.

0 Kudos
Contributor scottmac99
Contributor

But that's the whole problem.  I don't have an Optus phone.  I want to get the Optusb 200Gb data SIM, but only if it's going to access decent 4G.  And I would be buying one of the Optus wireless dongles/modems to go with it.

At the moment I am on Telstra via one of their 4G USB dongles which works really well.

I'll PM you with address details anyway.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Oh, I see! Sorry, I've misunderstood your enquiry. 

I'll reply back to your private message with more info. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos