Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Credit card check declined

I really want to grab the offer iphone 8 with 20gb data..but when I try to purchase it. My credit card check was declined. Is it possible if I just pay it the total cost for 24 months which is around 14++aud?? because I really want this offer.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Credit card check declined

Unfortunately not (in regards to paying for it all in advance)

Its all about risk - its not just the phone and plan itself but other things like non plan calling and excess data to account for.

Not sure if they tell you why its declined, perhaps you could enquire and see if they can give you a reason? (Perhaps you have a default on your credit file that you are not aware of?

Here is the AUS Gov website on how to obtain your credit reports

https://www.oaic.gov.au/individuals/faqs-for-individuals/credit-reporting/accessing-your-credit-repo...

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks mike..:)

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

If a credit check is being declined then its possibly a heads up that buying luxuries isn't financially a good idea.

At $1400 the iPhone 8 is a very expensive luxury IMO. Especially as plenty of almost identical cheaper option exist. The 64Gb model is under $1000. Or getting an iPhone 7 is less than half the price at $700.

I would recommend getting a prepaid SIM (which has no credit check) allows you to set a max spend each month (post paid plans will auto top up to $1500 a month at Optus). Data can also be rolled over month to month unlike post paid.

As @Paddylee says definitely get your credit report (get the free one and not one of the many websites that charge). You score should give you a good idea of where you stand. You can then look at how to improve the score - something like a credit card that you use a bit and pay off in full each month is a good way. Of course no late bills etc.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos