Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

ondemand faults

Two weeks in and the ondemand is still playing up.   i am using a mini box : problems  the ondemand up todate programs are not there.  i did a rest/restart and last nights game then appeared but all other Epl games disapeared.  Started to watch the United v Southampton game,  game constantly pausing and the playing without loosing any of the game.  1/2 way through second half tame goes off and i am watching optus sports chanel, then after about 5mins the United game comes back on where i was upto.  the last 5mins of the game took 10mins to watch due to the constant pausing. Now in the ondemand area i still can not see any of last weeks games ???

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: ondemand faults

Is anyone else having the same problems  ?

Can anyone from optus tell me how to fix these problems ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hey @Neil8457, the issue you've described in relation to On Demand content accessible via Fetch has been made known to us. We're definitely in the process of having this resolved. We've noticed that there appears to be a delay with matches popping up on Fetch mini devices compared to the Optus sport Website or mobile application. Just in reference to the last portion of your post

" 1/2 way through second half tame goes off and i am watching Optus sports channel, then after about 5mins the United game comes back on" Just so I'm on top of this one; you're advising that the on-demand replay interrupted your stream via the 24/7 channel? Let us know. Dan 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan yes the 24/7 service replaced the ondemand for a short time then the ondemand came back on.  did not know if this happend because the ondemand service paused/froze for a while.  but all the ondemand games pause when watching them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hey Neil, we've actually received confirmation that the issue you've initially described is intermittent - there should be permanent fix available shortly. For the interim we're suggesting that you simply restart the Fetch unit - Menu > Settings > Manage > Device Info > Options> Fetch TV box > Reset. 

Now in regards to your other issue. This is the first post I've seen in relation to this type of error. It really does sound quite strange. It's possible that the application was running in the background and soon as it's kicked started itself - it's caused your channel stream to cut out. I wasn't aware that our Yes tv by Fetch units were able to run applications in the background however I don't think it's a stretch to say it's a possibility here.

Are you able to send through another update if the same issue pops up again? Dan 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Dan, if it happens again i will let you know.  as for the reset when i did that the first time the ondemand games showed but when i did it the second time the games all disapeared again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hmm, it's quite possible that the games were actually removed when you had attempted to access on demand the second time round. All matches are available on-demand up until the next round.

If you were to have a quick look now - you'd notice that the old matches have been replaced with those that are "live & Upcoming". Definitely keep us updated mate, it would be good to know if this is something we need to look out for. Dan 

0 Kudos