Searching...

What does Optus Sport Basic actually offer?

jordyc

Hi there,

I am interested in finding out more information about Optus Sport Basic.

The details on this page (https://www.optus.com.au/content/dam/optus/appendix/appendix-o/AppO.doc) say Optus Sport Basic offers "limited access" to full EPL match replays and EPL match and other highlights, among other things.

Could somebody please explain what "limited access" actually means? Does it mean not all matches will be available to watch via replay? Does it mean the matches will only be available for replay for a limited time? Or something else entirely?

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I couldn't find any details on this. Any more informaition on this would be much appreciated.

Regards.

Re: What does Optus Sport Basic actually offer?

Davelew

Hi

See this previous post:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment/optus-sport-basic-vs-premium-EPL/m-p/295960#M16370

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

jordyc

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. However, I did read that previous post and it didn't answer my specific questions. So if a moderator is out there reading this post your help would be greatly appreciated.

regards.

Toomey

The content will be different every week. "Limited" just means the full catalogue of VOD games won't be accessible, but selected content instead. I couldn't specify exactly how many, or what games that would be though.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

jordyc

Hi again,

I just wanted to follow up about this Optus Sport Basic package. I have registered for the Basic Package and this weekend there doesn't seem to be any matches available on replay, and none of the highlights or clip shows are available to watch.

Will the amount of content available this weekend as a Basic Package subscriber be indicative of what will typically be available in the weeks and months ahead?

Kind regards,

Dan_C

Hi @jordyc, I believe that for now, the free content on offer is quite limited. At this point in time there doesn't seem to be any visibility on what listed content is actually available for Basic Optus Sport subscribers. I've been advised that you'd be required to click on the video itself to determine whether you'll have access. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

jordyc

Thanks for the reply. I have had a click around and these are my observations.

It seems as of now Basic subscribers have no access to watch content in the match replays category and no access to watch content in the match highlights category.

And it looks like there is limited access for videos in the shorts, shows and specials categories.

Finally, it appears there is full access in the interviews, press conferences, news and classic matches categories.

I guess you get what you pay for, given it is a free service.

Cheers.

Highlighted

Jamesd1980

The SPORT  is spending your day trying to get it to work,simples free exercise for  a monthly feeπŸ‘πŸ‘

Or seeing how long you can watch the buffering going around before psychosis sets in,no record yet as everyone is still watching πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Post a Reply