cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am extremely upset with this new service, I want to send back my modem

I can't connect with my new modem I received because it tells me I have the wrong email and password
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: I am extremely upset with this new service, I want to send back my modem

Hi @AKBKB3, thank you for reaching out. We are sorry for the frustration caused. Please know that our Technical Support Teams are ready to walk you through the set up process. They can be reached via our 24/7 Messaging Service  on the My Optus App or by calling 133 937 (8am - 8pm, 7 days a week).

In addition to this, if you have an Optus-supplied modem we have Modem Guides on our Website which provide step-by-step instructions on how to set up your modem. 

If you received either the Optus Ultra WiFi Modem or Sagemcom F@st 5366 TN Modem, to set-up Wi-Fi: 

- Find the WiFi network icon on your device and a list of networks will appear. 

- Your new Optus WiFi network name – the one on your magnet – will now be on the list of available WiFi networks. Select it and enter the password that’s on the magnet. 

- If you see a WiFi network name in the list ending in _5GHz, you should connect to that one as it will give you the fastest speeds. 

Then Test your connection 

- Open your web browser on your computer or mobile device. 

- Type http://192.168.0.1 into the address bar and press go.

- You should see the above screen. If you don’t, click on Set Up Configuration. 

- You may be asked to enter in a username and password. The username is optus and the password is your WiFi password on the magnet. 

- Next, click on ADSL 2+ Login and enter the OptusNet username and password we sent you.

If you are having issues locating / still are unable to login with your OptusNet username or password provided in the email we sent you, our Technical Support Team are more than happy to assist. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors