Searching...
Highlighted

How do i activate Optus sport on fetch?

Kbell

Hi, 

Just received new fetch mighty today. Got an email to activate an Optus sport account,  set it all up, but not sure how to get them to work on fetch now?

Re: How do i activate Optus sport on fetch?

petergdownload

Check the menus on the fetch box. One has Optus Sport as an option.

Peter Gillespie

Dan_C

Under the TV menu option. Do you see the drop-down option for Optus Sport (APP)? 

If you're being prompted to subscribe, go ahead and click subscribe (ignore the charge prompt). You can't be billed twice and as long it's built into your plan, you'll receive the correspondence $14.99 discount. 

The linear channels should also appear in the Fetch electronic program guide.

@Kbell

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Kbell

Hi Dan, thanks for the advice but it hasn't worked. Yes we see the sport option in the tv drop down menu,  we could also see the channels but they were not active. 

Now I'm worried we'll be charged, and still not have this service. 

Have restarted the box, have re-tuned the channels. I'm out of ideas and patience!

petergdownload

"Retuning" channels is FTA - i.e. broadcast over the air and completely seperate.

Fetch Channels, Netflix and Optus sport etc. are provided over the internet. DO a diagnostic in the Fetch menus to see that your internet is properly connected. Are you using wifi or cat5 cable?

Peter Gillespie

Kbell

You clearly missed the sarcasm and pure frustration in my comment... 

I'm so sick of dealing with bs information and even lies from Optus staff re this whole upgrade process. 

And if all other streamed changers are working, the problem can't be the internet, clearly. 

petergdownload

IME Sarcasm is very difficult to convey via text. If you just want to complain then click on. If you want ideas then perhaps drop the sarcasm. The fretch diagnostic will see if your fetch box is seeing the internet properly. Nothing to do with the rest of your equipment.

Peter Gillespie

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

@Kbell

Okay, can I get you to send us a PM?

I'll go in and manually activate your subscription from the back-end.

As for the charges, the Optus Sport discount code is built into your rate plan.

As long as the subscription kicks in and the discount is automatically applied.

FYI - in some instances, depending on the product type and the system it's held within - the discount may need to be applied as a separate "Add-on."

I need your full name, DOB and account number.

Send us a PM

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors