Searching...

Re: How do I load the Optus sport app onto my Samsung smart tv

[ Edited ]
choHawk88

This is the most undercooked excuse I have ever heard! To expect your customers to purchase a separate 3rd party peice of hardware in order to cast to a smart TV is absolutely ridiculous when the TVs have the capacity to handle all of this. This screams of a backroom deal between yourselves and Apple/Google, or even simply an anti-customer strategy to sell more Fetch boxes..

(Edited by moderator)

mazzya

Any update on this? Shouldn't be that hard.

The best apps always have the greatest accessibility across platforms. I mean look at netflix and stan...

The more ways a consumer can watch a product...the more they will watch it! Not hard

Kartika

Sorry @mazzya, no updates in this regards at this stage. However, your feedback is greatly appreciated as we're always looking at ways to improve your streaming experience with us. In the meanwhile, I have tagged your post as feedback to our TV & Contents team for future reference. For more information on our supported browsers, feel free to reference this handy link.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

mazzya

Thanks for the quick reply!

Ozmosis

Rather than the public asking and re-asking the question re Samsung Optus App, can someone of authority at Optus create a change-log for this issue and provide regular updates?

In app development, nothing takes this long and this question has been posed for over 1 year - a conclusion is required.

Heppa

Guys, can we please make this happen?!? I find it incredibly frustrating that I can’t access an app on my Smart TV the same way I can for Netflix, Stan, 7, 9, 10, SBS, ABC and even Foxtel! The sooner this happens the more legitimate this service will be!

GuyCS

Hey @Heppa - whilst we haven't made any announcements regarding a smart TV app yet, we're constantly striving to provide the best experience for all of our subscribers, so I'll ensure your feedback is passed on to our Dev team. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

WillBer

Any update on the Samsung smart TV app?

talder1

So when you guys at Optus say you are “constantly striving”, what is going on with this one? It has been three years now! Surely it cannot be that hard to have it whitelisted to the Samsung Apps. Don’t tell us you are working on it, when clearly you are not...

Ray_YC

It's still not supported is the response we received from the Optus Sport team about a month ago. Unfortunately we have no further detail. I'm sure it will be announced when the day comes.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo