Searching...

How do I load the Optus sport app onto my Samsung smart tv

Simonz

Re: How do I load the Optus sport app onto my Samsung smart tv

Nghi

Hey Simonz, we haven't made available an App for Smart TV's yet. Our development team are working hard to expand the available platforms as we speak and a Smart TV App has been suggested before. No news on that at the moment sorry Smiley Sad You can view the latest list of supported devices here.

eeswar_99

This has been more than 6 months now? Any updates? I find it amusing that you guys only rolled it out for Apple TV first without even considering anything for android based TV's?

Shae

Hey eeswar_99, we're definitely working to implement different options for catching the EPL live or On Demand. We've also released Chromecast in the last few months, can I ask if you've had the chance to give it a shot? 

Tobias_Grant

So your developers have been working on this for a year now. Surely, with the new season kicked off, they would have delivered something?

This day in age, requiring a different box for different media is useless. 

Highlighted

talder1

Hi, any update on getting the Optus Sport app on Samsung Smart TV?

AlexRH

Hey @talder1, no word at this stage! As soon as we do have an update, you'll be the first to know Smiley Happy 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Kudi

There is no way it takes this long to iron out migration issues for another device once the app is already developed. The app is already running on phones, tablets, Apple TV and Fetch. It's done already. Re-deployment, even re-programming, doesn't take a year for an app this size and an organisation your size.

Optus could have had this up and running in a matter of months if they wanted to. It's been years since you've purchased the rights to the EPL.

So, the question is, what's really going on? Trying to lease more Fetch boxes? In partnership with Apple so they can sell more Apple TVs. What's the hold up? 

Nobody cares if you have a business arrangement - we understand: business is businees. But don't sell us this rubbish that app 'is not ready yet'. We are an informed public, stop insulting us....

TimmyGee

Pffffff... any updates yet? It's been 20 months since the original request on here.

Dan_C

Hey guys, I've had a chat with our product team and I've been given the advice below.

"At this stage, we are currently focusing on upcoming and new content for Optus Sport application.

Optus have allowed customers to get Apple TV or Chromecast as an alternative giving them the same functionality as if it was on the TV as an application." 

Again, I don't want to say that it's never going to happen but at this stage all I can say that is that it's not on our current agenda. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo