cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Have not received activation email

Hi,

Last night I went through the username and password registration steps for EPL on Optus Sport and I was advised that registration was complete and I would receive an activation link via email, which still hasn't come through... I have also tried to confirm activation via the SMS code confirmation steps, however when I tried this it said that the account linked to my email address already existed.

It seems as though I'm caught in limbo between registration / activation and  I am still unable to log in. Is there a way that I retrigger the activation step?

Can someone please asist?

Thanks

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Have not received activation email

Hey Ed_the_gun, is this the website you tried to sign-up on? I know some activation emails have been delayed and our IT team have been working on this. They started to arrive today for some customers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, thats the site... I entered my mobile number, received a 6 digit validation code via SMS, however when I entered it, I was presented with the following  message: 

Capture.PNG

However... When trying to log into Optus Sport. I get the following message:

Capture1.PNG

Hence I'm a little stuck.

I'm assiming the activation email would help overcome this problem. However I still haven't received anything almost 24hrs post-registration.

Please advise how we can have the account activated.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Ah ok. We've seen this before where customers mis-spelt their email address during sign-up. So the account get's linked to the wrong email and obviously the activation email goes to the wrong place.

Can you private message me your full name, date of birth plus account number/linked Optus phone number? Also the email address you're trying to link up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Just confirming. I haved PM'd details.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for that. I've received your private message and we'll get this looked into.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have exactly the same issue

I can confirm that I did not make any spelling errors with my email registration nor password.

What is the next step? How will optus resolve this issue?

Regards, Hatch

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Over a week later ... still no response.

Can you please follow up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Our Optus Sport support team are still working on this, sorry you've not heard back yet, we will let you know as soon as it's been resolved though 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I've just received an email stating that my subription has been cancelled on my request... There has been no such request and I am becoming increasingly frustrated that this is not resolved. 

Capture2.PNG

0 Kudos
Top Contributors