Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Optus
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Euro 2021 annual pass discount offer for new Optus Sport customers

Optus Sport is offering a discount on it’s annual pass from $139 to $99 to new customers who sign up by 12th July 2021.

New customers simply need to sign up via direct credit card billing on the Optus Sport website.

Follow the process below to register via credit card:

1. Go to Optus Sport
  2. Click Sign Up > Sign Up
  3. Create your account by filling in the required fields:
    i. Email
    ii. Verify your mobile number
    iii. Confirm your details
    iv. Accept T&Cs
  4. Click Continue to payment
  5. Select the plan then enter the credit card details
  6. Click payment is accepted to receive access to all the premium content available on Optus Sport!

FAQs

Q. I paid $99/12 months, will my subscription price change? 

The $99 Annual Subscription is only available for new customers who sign up between 12/5/2021 and 12/7/2021 and will auto renew at $99 every 12 months after that.  

Q. I pay $14.99/mth for Optus Sport via the App Store/Google Play Store. How can I change to an annual subscription? 

Customers with an active Optus Sport subscription will need to cancel their subscription through the App/Play store first. Your subscription will revert to a basic subscription at the end of their current Subscription Period. You will need to update your payment method by choosing a ‘Credit Card’ payment option at https://sport.optus.com.au/signup, and then selecting the annual option.  

Q: Am I entitled to a refund if I sign up to Optus Sport via credit card and do not cancel my existing subscription through the App/Play store?  

Unfortunately, Optus (subject to our obligations under the Australian Consumer Law) will not be providing a refund, or partial refund for any customers who sign up to Optus Sport again without cancelling their subscription through the App/Play store first.  

I signed up to a premium subscription and am not able to access premium content. What do I do?  

Customers who have issues accessing their premium subscription are asked to contact Optus Sport by logging a support ticket via the Optus Sport App 

I currently have Optus Sport included in my plan. How does this affect me?  

Customers who have Optus Sport included in their plan will not be charged for Optus Sport during the duration of the plan.  

I currently have Optus Sport included in my plan but did not know this and signed up to a premium subscription. Can I get my money back?  

Customers are asked to check that it is not included in their plan prior to signing up to a premium subscription. For billing related requests please contact Optus by submitting an In App ticket via the Optus Sport App or website. You will need to make sure that you are logged into your Optus Sport Account first. 

What if I am an Optus Prepaid customer?  

Customers who have taken up the $5 prepaid Optus Sport offer are advised to wait until their existing subscription has expired before signing up via https://sport.optus.com.au/signup with their credit card.  

What happens after the subscription period ends? Will I start to get charged by Optus Sport? 

You will continue to be charged monthly or yearly depending on the subscription length chosen, until you cancel the subscription. Manage your subscription and payment details at https://sport.optus.com.au/usersettings

What devices can I watch Optus Sport on?  

Most popular devices are supported by Optus Sport. To watch the service on your devices, you must authorise those devices for use by logging in with your Optus Sport credentials. You can only watch the service on one of your authorised devices at any one time.  

Do I need an internet connection to watch Optus Sport? 

Yes, Optus Sport is a streaming service and will require a compatible device and either an active fixed broadband, mobile, or mobile broadband service with sufficient data capabilities. Data charges apply from your service provider. 

Q: Will I be able to use Optus Sport without using my data? 

Postpaid Mobile:  Optus customers on eligible postpaid mobile plans can watch live games and on-demand Optus Sport content, without using their plan’s data on the Optus Sport App. App browsing, authentication and analytics as well as advertising, like pre-roll ads however will count towards your plan data because these ads are not delivered in the same way as live and on-demand content.

Optus Prepaid Mobile and Prepaid Mobile Broadband: Customers who have an Optus Sport subscription can watch live games and on-demand Optus Sport content without using their plan’s data.  App browsing, authentication and analytics as well as advertising, like pre-roll ads however will count towards your plan data because these ads are not delivered in the same way as live and on-demand content. You’ll also need to have a positive MyData/MyAccount balance, including to access the app.  

Non-Optus Customers (Mobile and Fixed):  If you watch Optus Sport on mobile or Wi-Fi will be charged for all the data that’s used accessing and viewing Optus Sport content.

Optus Fixed Broadband:  If you currently have Optus as your home internet provider you will be charged depending on the type of plan you have. If you have an unlimited data plan then no data charges will be incurred. If you have a plan with a data allowance, like the Home Wireless Broadband with 200GB, then you can watch live games and on-demand Optus Sport content without using your plan’s data.  App browsing, authentication and analytics, as well as advertising, like pre-roll ads however will count towards your plan data because these ads are not delivered in the same way as live and on-demand content. 

T&Cs:

Annual Subscription: For use in Australia and only available with credit card via the Optus Sport website sport.optus.com.au. Auto rolls over yearly, until you cancel. Not transferrable or redeemable for cash. Compatible device required. Fair Go Policy applies. Personal viewing in AU. Data charges apply. Content subject to change and compatible device required. See the Optus Sport site for full T&Cs.