Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
DogMan
New Contributor
New Contributor

EPL subscription not free?

I signed up for a new MyPlan Business in June when the free EPL offer was running. That was the only reason I changed. I just tried to activate my service and i appear to be eligible for EPL for $15/month. I specifically checked that EPL would free at the time. What is the problem?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Sam_D
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: EPL subscription not free?

Hey @DogMan - to gain access to the promotional offer customers needed to register their service here prior to the 22nd of August when the offer expired. 

0 Kudos
DogMan
New Contributor
New Contributor

I don't remember being told there were any conditions other than sign up to a relevant plan before the end of July. I asked this about four times on the call with the Sales person. If this new condition came after then it's not really good enough, especially as OPTUS made no effort to let me know.

I did actually try to get access before the 22nd August (around the end of July) I couldn't do it then as the website which checked eligibility didn't work. I got a 'sorry try again another time' (or similar) message. 

0 Kudos
Sam_D
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Believe it was always a case of having to sign up and register prior to the date. If you have tried to register in the past and had an issue, we may be able to organise it for you. Send through some details to me over PM and I'll take a look.

0 Kudos
StephenK
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I've got the same issue. Nowhere on the Optus site did it say you had to register by the 22nd. Just apply for an eligible account by 22/8/2016. This is not good enough. It's deceptive advertising.

0 Kudos
Jax_K
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey StephenK, I can definitely confirm that on our website and specifically on optus.com.au/epl there were details outlining that this was a limited time offer and that you had to register your service for the EPL content. Apologies if you weren't aware of this, happy to take a look into your service and see what we can do though if you can PM through your full name, account number and DOB. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Mangas
New Contributor
New Contributor

This was happening to my sisters account when we where trying to register. 

0 Kudos
DogMan
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Mangas. Glad it wasn't just me. 

0 Kudos
smodee
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have the exact same issue. I signed up for Optus home phone and cable broadband bundle on 22/8/16. I also bundled an Optus mobile account with it. I was told at the time that I would be eligible for EPL. Now when I go to activate it, I'm told my plan is not eligible and I have to add it for $15/month. Given that I only signed up on 22/8/16, I didn't have a number or username prior to that and I wouldn't have been able to register online anyway. But the deal was that I sign up for an Optus account by then, which I did. 

I've tried calling Optus customer support for assistance but I keep getting told to call a different department and nobody is still able to help me. This seems unacceptable to me and it seems fair that I receive this service which I signed up for by the due date. Now I'm stuck with a 24 month contract for a service to which I signed up for mainly for the EPL.

0 Kudos
Hannah-L
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @smodee, if you can PM me with your account info and DOB I'd be happy to take a look into the subscription fee issue for you. 🙂

0 Kudos