cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
tonyxu83
New Contributor
New Contributor

how to cancel my internet service? No one answer the phone.

My home internet contract is expiring and I'd like to cancel it after.

Tried messge Optus and asked me to call 133 937. Called and no answer as it's non-critical service to Optus. I'm afriad it is critical to me as I don't want to be charged again. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: how to cancel my internet service? No one answer the phone.

Currently getting through to Optus can take a VERY long time. Call centres have been closed. Optus are also generally prioritising service issues (no connection or phone) and financial hardship. Its expected that Optus will re-credit things like late fees or backdate cancellations if you can't get through until later on. Depending on the issue you can try the following:

Slower: Write to the official complaints address and your requirement will be dealt with in due course (If you want to cancel for example Optus will backdate charges to the dates in the letter)

Customer Relations Group, PO Box 306 Salisbury South 5106.

Faster (Perhaps): Dial 133 937. Mon - Fri: 8am - 7pm (AEDT) Sat: 9am - 5pm (AEDT)

Don't press 1 and hold the line, you'll either be on hold and get through to someone or get the standard IVR to enter your service number and follow the prompts and press 3 to cancel. Times can vary from a few minutes to many hours.

Alternatively: Leave a message in the Optus Mobile App (If possible) or try Optus Twitter or Facebook sites.
0 Kudos