cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Replacement B818 modem - who to contact? and how?!

Hi everyone

I have what I think should be a pretty simple question but I spent a long time on the phone yesterday with no success. Hoping someone can help me here.

I ordered the 500gb home wireless broadband product with Huawei B818 modem, and received it yesterday. After setup it worked well for about 30 mins, then the modem died - no power, no lights at all. I tried various power points and two different working power cables (with same specs) but still nothing - the modem is definitely dead. 

I got through to tech support who agreed the B818 was basically dead on arrival and should be replaced. But then I was passed through four or five departments and no one could actually organise this! Everyone seemed to think it was the job of another department - sales, tech support, online, etc.

Does anyone know which Optus department is the one to handle this? If you can tell me the specific support number to ring, or better yet if it can be done online, I'd be super grateful.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Replacement B818 modem - who to contact? and how?!

Definitely a DOA. 

If possible, messaging us via the My optus app is your best bet. 

There's a couple of things that need to happen.

1) An agent needs to create a DOA order

2) As part of the DOA order, the agent must organise a pre-paid return satchel 

3) Once the device has been confirmed to be DOA, a replacement device is issued.

As far as turn-around times are concerned, I'm not entirely sure at this stage.

7-10 business days is the standard turn-around time-frame, but I know our insurance claims unit are prioritising claims based on whether they're deemed critical or not. 

I haven't heard anything regarding standard warranty replacements. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Dan_C, that was very helpful.

I connected through the app and it took a few hours, but the person at the other end eventually said they'd been able to process a replacement modem for me.

It will take up to 10 days to come unfortunately, but that can't be helped.

No email confirmation as yet, but hopefully it's all in train.

I appreciate the support, thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That's okay. I'm doing the best I can with the tools I've been given haha.

I'll find out how we're going with warranty & non-warranty  replacements. I'm sure it'll start coming up on the forum more and more. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors