Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Carlo35
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Refund

So i’m hoping that someone competent can help me as customer services have no clue, it seams. 

I ended a plan over 7-8 months ago, since doing so I’m monthly getting a bill emailed to me saying that I’m in credit! FANTASTIC!! Only part is I keep getting promises of a cheque received in the post with the amount yet still after months of chasing apparently it’s getting declined to pay out because I’m not in credit! The bill that you send me every month states that I am! 

Of course I am not able to speak to someone higher up, EVER! 

I’m pretty sure that if my bill was late that I would receive a late payment fee, So surely that would apply in this circumstance of chasing payments for 3/4 of a year!

Or do I need to speak to the media? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jack_YC

Re: Refund

Hey @Carlo35, in most cases if there is an amount on an account left in credit, we can organise a refund either via cheque or the last payment method used on the account. 

Without seeing your account specifically, I'm unable to say exactly what could be causing any delays in getting this sorted for you. 

If you send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages, we'll be able to verify your account details and check this out for you. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndrewC1
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Carlo35  Sounds like you have tried the normal way to get a refund and as you have gotten no where using the normal Optus channels I suggest making a formal complaint via the following Optus web page:

https://www.optus.com.au/support/feedback-and-complaints/make-a-complaint

I would include a printout or PDF or a screen capture of your bill in the complaint just in case Optus cannot see it in their system. If this fails make a complaint to the TIO.

Good luck.

Carlo35
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks you Jack! Just sent the complaint form
0 Kudos
Carlo35
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Andrew. Just used that link!!
0 Kudos
ConsumerRights
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Carlo35,

Wondering if you ever received your cheque?
0 Kudos