Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Havent recieved phone or plan and no one has contacted me

I have not received my phone or my phone plan for almost a month. When I look into the order it says it is still open and processing. I am wondering if it is still actually open or if it has been cancelled and no one has notified me. If it has been cancelled the I would like to know why. Order number is 151974727A

I cannot contact anyone other than this method as I am to busy to call and wait on hold and messaging online directs me to the app which I have installed. When I click 'message us' on the app it just redirects me to the website that tells me to download the app which is really frustrating. If this is not resolved soon then I will have to be forced to go elsewhere to receive my phone and mobile plan

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Havent recieved phone or plan and no one has contacted me

Its not unusual for Optus to provide zero updates after a sale. At the moment there may be stock issues with your phone (Optus won't tell you that but they just put it on hold until available). But these are unusual times. Obviously Covid has greatly reduced Optus' capacity. As well the courier Optus uses (Toll) has been comprehensively hacked (twice) and hasn't been delivery anything for weeks. Again this is something Optus sales staff should be informing customers about but I don't get the impression that they are. Optus are arranging alternate deliveries but for some reason that's taking ages.

So at this stage all you can do is wait or take the time to contact them and find out if they know anything. Unfortunately even cancelling you plan will require taking a long time to contact them.

If its an iPhone then you could perhaps source it via the Apple store. They also allow you to select an Optus plan from their site.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

My Mum ordered a new phone a few weeks ago and basically got zero contact or updates, ended up having to go to the TIO.

Similar thing happened last September for my own phone, this is a very poor effort that has not been fixed by Optus, yet its constantly the point of complaints on this forum and other forums.

Best bet is to lodge a complaint : https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/feedback-and-complaints/lodge-a-complaint#yourIssues

You will receive a complaint number, if still no response from Optus after 2 business days then you can take it to the TIO.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Optus have not only not acknowledged that a second Toll attack has occurred and is affecting deliveries, but the Toll specific update page [ www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/answer?id=20047 ] redirect to the COVID-19 update page [ www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/answer?id=20063 ], and it does not mention any Toll impact.

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

System Outage Impacting Deliveries

We've asked why the page hasn't been updated in 3 weeks, that is still apparently the latest update.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks, this is probably what I will do

0 Kudos