Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Viktoriia
New Contributor
New Contributor

EPIC VALUE OR EPIC FAILURE? MOVING TO OPTUS TURNED INTO A CATASTROPHE

I decided to move to Optus from Catch Connect to get a fast and reliable mobile connection. That turned out to be a horrible mistake. On 22/04 at 11:10 my Catch Connect (the losing carrier) SIM was deactivated, and it was released to OPTUS upon OPTUS request. However, my new OPTUS Prepaid SIM has not been activated for 3 weeks now.
I have spent hours on the phone with Optus support and in LifeChat, been sent here and there, asked to attend a store, to call next day, to contact in a few business days. They opened and closed issue tickets, and assured me they sent emails to the porting team. However, I could not get through the customer service to contact the porting team, and the activation team never contacted me. Finally, they just closed my SIM activation ticket without notice. I know it sounds ridiculous, but Optus customer support representative told me "they
cannot help me any further".
My old number is essential for me, all my contacts including MyGOV, clinics, insurance, social media etc. are linked to that number. Can you imagine nowadays, and especially in this hard time of COVID-19 reality to stay without a mobile connection?
Please OPTUS, do the right thing and get this resolved. COVID or not, your customer service can't be completely defunct.
As far as my old number has been released to OPTUS, and it is in OPTUS “limbo”, I really need help to get my old number activated.
Regards,
Viktoriia
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: EPIC VALUE OR EPIC FAILURE? MOVING TO OPTUS TURNED INTO A CATASTROPHE

Hi there Viktoriia,

Definitely sounds like a frustrating ordeal. I'm afraid we're unable to assist here on this public forum as we don't have access to customer accounts or orders.

If you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter  with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos