Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Charged extra one month?

Hello,

I was charged the first and second months for the same period 31/12/2019 - 30/1/2020. That means I paid twice for the same month. I already made 4 payments for 4 months from 31/12/2029 - 30/4/2020 and cancelled the service at the end of April. Now I have still been requested to pay for the period 31/3 - 30/4/2020.

Please give me any idea and suggestion about this problem. Why Optus can charge customer one extra month at the beginning?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Charged extra one month?

Optus are like landlords. They charge first and last months rent in advance. That way if you don't pay your bill for some reason one month then they don't need to cut you off then and there (as you've already paid for that extra month). When you leave Optus you'll be credited back any unused money. Optus can just be a bit bad at getting the bill correct.

It could also just be a stuff up. If you pay extra now then if its more than you owe your account will be placed in credit (and your next bill will automatically use the credit first).

Ultimately though you have to contact Optus directly (not here). See what they say.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Petergdownload. I contacted Optus and got it solved.

I understand and agree to pay in advance the first and the last bills. However, myself and my family member have accounted some negative experiences with Optus billing services.

The first time, it was exactly the same problem as this time. I paid the last bill and also was charged for the period waiting for Optus to disconnect the services. The communication was only to insist that I had to pay the amount Optus wants without any information about the process. Eventually I had to bring the issue to higher level to get it solved.

The second time my family had to cancel the service after only three days because the signal was too weak and was not improved after following instruction from Optus technical services. We were charged $150 for changing idea. I called Optus afterward and got the answer that my family agreed to pay and it's not Optus' fault!.

This time I got the same thing. That's why I had to protect myself rather than involving in further long and frustrating process.

Regards,

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Understandable Note11.

Its regrettable that customers do need to be wary of Optus. They have great products and good prices but littered throughout are pitfalls and traps and just plain simple mistakes they make. For all of them the customer is the one that needs to either avoid if they can or chase up if they can't.
0 Kudos