cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted

Cancellations, Activations and service changes.

Unfortunately, given the current restrictions around COVID-19, Optus support teams are only able to respond to critical enquiries right now.

If you currently have a working Mobile or Broadband service, we're unable to prioritise your enquiry at this time. Our focus is to ensure that our customers have access to a working service.

Keep in mind: we've committed to the following: 

• Until 30 April 2020, customers can request to put their current monthly Postpaid mobile service plan charges on hold for 90 days should there be no current need for the service (please note that additional charges such as device repayments and extras are not included and will continue to be charged monthly during this period)
  • Waiving late payment fees for all our customers until 30 April 2020
  • Stopping disconnection and credit collection activities until 30 April 2020

If you're without access to a working service, have a medical condition, experiencing financial hardship, or you've been the victim of fraud or identity theft, select a topic below to learn more about how to contact us:

Mobile

You want to cancel your service due to Financial hardship:

Call - You can call 133 937 for our IVR between 8am and 7pm (Mon-Fri) you will need to select option 1 for mobile. Once selected press 3 for cancellations.

Social Media - Our social team can help customers looking to cancel, you'll need to tell them you've been referred from Yes Crowd, they will then process the request one they have all your details and submit a cancellation form. 

Message - Messenger is not currently taking any request via desktop, you can only access messenger via the My Optus App. Once logged in, send your enquiry through and they'll respond to you as soon as possible.

You want to activate your service and you're currently without access to a working mobile service:

Call - You can call 133 937 for our IVR between 8am and 7pm (Mon-Fri). You will need to select 1 for mobile then option 2 for general enquiries.

Message - Messenger is not currently taking any request via desktop, you can only access messenger via the My Optus App. Once logged in, send your enquiry through and they'll respond to you as soon as possible.

Porting your service

Call: You can call 133 937 for our IVR between 8am and 7pm (Mon-Fri) you will need to select option 1 for mobile. Once selected press 2 for general enquiries.

For customers porting their number from an external carrier i.e. Telstra or Vodafone, ports will be processed within our standard porting time-frame (3-4 hours). 

If you haven't heard back from us after placing your port-in order from an external carrier, you will need to contact us to confirm the status of the port.

Please note: Any same carrier ports (third-party carriers that also run on the Optus network i.e. AmaySIM) are experiencing major delays, we currently have a back office team going through back logs of these requests however there is no ETA.

For customers transferring their service from Virgin Mobile; there is a delay, but we're working hard to get through the back-log. 

Internet

You want to cancel your service due to financial hardship:

Call - You can call 133 937 for our IVR between 8am and 7pm (Mon-Fri) you will need to select option 2 for internet. Once selected press 3 for cancellations. 

Social Media - Our social team can help customers looking to cancel, you'll need to tell them you've been referred from Yes Crowd, they will then process the request one they have all your details and submit a cancellation form. 

You want to activate your service and you're without a working Broadband service: 

Call - You can call 133 937 for our IVR between 8am and 7pm (Mon-Fri) you will need to select option 2 for internet. Once selected press 2 for general enquiries. 

Self Serve Topics

Home Phone

You want to cancel your service due to financial hardship:

Call - You can call 133 937 for our IVR between 8am and 7pm (Mon-Fri) you will need to select option 3 for home phone. Once selected press 3 for cancellations. 

You want to activate your service and you're without access to a working landline service:

Call - You can call 133 937 for our IVR between 8am and 7pm (Mon-Fri) you will need to select option 3 for home phone. Once selected press 2 for general enquiries. 

Note: Due to COVID-19, third-party service providers are experiencing delays in transferring phone numbers to Optus services. If you've recently signed up and have requested to keep your phone number, you’ll still have internet and be able to make calls once you’re connected. However, you’ll only be able to receive calls from people using the Optus networks until we can transfer your number.

12 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sim activation times

Sim activation Ref: PPACT-SIMVAL-0006 now into seventh day, Promised yesterday within 4 hours. STILL NOT DONE.  WHY?

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sim

I activated Sim yesterday prepaid n still not active?
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cancel Account

Hello Optus, as I was not able to contact you by any other means, I advised you via this means on 27 Mar 20 that I wished to cancel by account effective immediately. March bill was paid on 31 Mar 20. As I have not heard back from, I have now request my bank to cancel the direct debit for this account so that I would not continue to be billed during these challenging times. I disconnect the optus modern on 28 Mar 20. Please advise where you would like the modem returned to. Thank you. David Sinai
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

How do I cancel my Internet contract

I've now gone beyond my 24 month internet contract (ADSL2+) and have just moved property. I wish to cancel my connection permanently, please confirm how I can do this as there appears to be no option and I can't reach anyone on the phones or webchat
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Activate Sim card with Medicare card

*personal info hidden*

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Wifi

I want to cancel my internet plan. I have been able to get onto anyone on the phone, via the app and message us is down. I have had no wifi for a month. Please reply and tell me how to cancel because at this point i have had no success. Can i do this online?
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Closing Wireless Broadband Account

I need to close my now unused, Wireless Broadband Account.

It is impossible to get through to Optus.

At all, using any method.

HELP.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cancelling our Optus Internet

As so many of you, we've been battling to cancel since February. We spoke to someone who said she'll cancel it but then we've received two bills - one saying we owe them and another one stating we are in credit!? Can't get hold of anyone online or telephonically. So we are really frustrated at this moment and have decided not to pay any bill. Seems like they owe us money anyway - don't think we'll get it back?? Very unhappy customer at the moment!

New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Cancelling our Optus Internet

Hi,

I'm also having difficulty canceling a service. Unable to do it online using self-service, the app messaging team is refusing to help, as are the phone team.

Looking forward to getting this resolved!