Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cancellation of my Optus service, effective Thursday 2 April 2020

Hello Optus,

I have been unsuccessful in my many attempts to contact you via online chat, message and phone since my total internet and NBN service outage on 2/4/2020, which lasted until 6/4/2020.  Because of this, I advise you now, via this means, that I wish to cancel by broadband home account,  effective from the date of the initial outage. The outage was characterised by the most ineffective customer service I have ever encountered - there simply was none.  Nowhere to find answers online, nowhere to speak with a representative (despite having a CRITICAL ENQUIRY during COVID-19 circumstances and going through the motions of trying to speak with someone) and no response to my online chat/messaging. This is not acceptable.

I will not be paying for any Home Broadband service from the 2/4/2020. I expect a representative to contact me to confirm this request. I have all remaining services (2 mobile phone plans and Fetch TV) with Optus at this stage, but will not hesitate to change providers if this request goes unanswered.

Regards,

B Leeton

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Cancellation of my Optus service, effective Thursday 2 April 2020

No one here has access to your account - this is stated when you were typing out your post.
This is a public forum, no one here will be calling you back.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Cancellation of my Optus service, effective Thursday 2 April 2020

Hi B Leeton,

I'm afraid we don't have access to or visibility of customer accounts here on this public forum.

Please be aware that posting your request here will have no outcome due to this.

Please contact Optus directly on 133 937, don't press 1 when prompted to be sent a link to chat with the Messenger team, hold the line and follow the prompts to cancel to speak with a team member. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos