Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
HalitD
New Contributor
New Contributor

Canceled service

I was wondering why my service ha been canceled and what i can do about this issue while overseas?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Ness_YC

Re: Canceled service

Hi @HalitD, thank you for reaching out to us and my apologies for any confusion caused. 

May I ask if you are referring to a prepaid mobile service? If so, your prepaid service may automatically cancel if it has been inactive for sometime or hasn't been recharged by the expiry date, which will produce an order reference number in our system.

Rest assured, we can look into re-activating this service if you need. You will just have to recharge once this has been processed to keep this number active. For privacy, you can request this via the 24/7 Messaging Service via the My Optus App or via Private Message through our Facebook and Twitter Official Pages. 

If you don't utilise this service number regularly, I would perhaps suggest that you change your plan to the Prepaid Long Expiry plan to prevent your service number from automatically cancelling again. This plan has a 186-365 day expiry depending on your recharge amount. See here for the Critical Information Summary of this plan → https://bit.ly/3aux2lv. You can change your plan online or via SMS while we re-activate your service. See here for further instructions → https://bit.ly/2mKFlVL.  Alternatively, if this is of interest to you I'd recommend letting the agent you speak with know, and we can change your plan for you before we prompt you to recharge your service. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
HalitD
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes please can you walk me through what i can do to get my service activated again i have recharged recently recharged but hasnt gone through so i have a recharge card in hand and awaiting your steps to reactivation, thanks.
0 Kudos
Ness_YC

As we have to verify your account details first before we can process your re-activation, for privacy reasons I kindly ask that you reach out to us via Private Message through either our Facebook or Twitter Official Pages. Please hold off on recharging until we re-activate your service and change your plan (if you would like this to be changed). 

Alternatively, you can priority call Optus from overseas, 24/7 on +61 2 8082 5678.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
HalitD
New Contributor
New Contributor

How does contacting through facebook work?
0 Kudos
Ness_YC

@HalitD you can Private Message (PM) us by clicking on 'Send A Message' (on your computer) or clicking on the Messaging Symbol (on your mobile device) on our public Optus page for Facebook. For Twitter, you can click on the paper airplane symbol on our public Optus page for Twitter or by Sending A Message and addressing it to @Optus

0 Kudos
HalitD
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have just made contact through facebook messenger i appreciate your help.
0 Kudos
Ness_YC

You're welcome @HalitD. You are in good hands.

0 Kudos