Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Re: wyy

Hey @Campbelduck - appreciate the post here! Don't feel the need to apologise for your rants, this forum is here for feedback as well as a platform for customers to receive assistance.

Can you please send through a private message confirming your account number, full name and DOB? Sounds like you've done a bit of testing and troubleshooting on your end, so the next step would be for us to investigate a little further and hopefully be able to get a tech out to you if need be. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Campbelduck
Occasional Contributor

I can not see it being a NBN issue as when I make enough noise with optus all of a sudden I get service.

If it was a nbn problem then I would not be able to get  such a fluctuation  from Optus.

So as far as I can see t is an on going issue with Optus and thier contol of the network and what they want customers to have.

I have been trying to leave them for 6 weeks. But I can never get to talk to that department, I have been on hold for 65 minutes to be told that that that department was not available.

I will still be leaving as its just a matter of time till te service drops back to near on zero spead. It is dropping at a rate it will be my average of 0.41 in 2 weeks

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @Campbelduck  - This isn't really what we like to hear & I'm sorry this is the case. Could you please confirm your ID details as requested  so that we can investigate

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

@Campbelduck Not sure what you are trying to achieve here or how hard you've been trying to resolve the issue. There are many people including the @petergdownload@Shauna  and @Aman_B trying to help you but seems like you are not helping by providing the details required to assist you. 

I am doubt it very much that Optus is setting out to restrict your internet access, what is the gain from Optus to make their customer unhappy? 

In terms of things just sudently work, well I can be due to many factors behind the scene that fixed the issue in the first place.

About making enough noise well, there is making the noise to get the attention but it is how you work with others to resolve the issue that makes the different. Now, could you please get on your soap box and make some noise about the petrol price?

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

If you change NBN providers then that's one way to confirm your theory. I have to re-iterate that so far you have answered only a few of the questions asked to try work out how best to proceed. You appear to have come to a conclusion already as to where the issue lies and are unwilling to explore other possibilities? 

In practice though the NBN controls all the wiring between your house and Optus. Optus are however fully (legally) responsible for the speeds you get at your home. They can't shift the buck to the NBNCo. If you  are not getting the speeds you are paying for then they need to organise NBNCo to fix things, fix it themselves or provide a refund and let you exit the contract.

Good luck with your quest. 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos