Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

worst customer service. optus come and get your modem

have been told to wait over two weeks for an optus tech to come and install adsl 2. I get text messages telling me to be home between 1 and 5pm. I am forced to purchase extra data on mobile due to lack of internet. I take the day of work and wait all dayfor tech to arrive. I receive a call from telstra telling me they cant make it at 4.30pm. Telstra guy gives me telstra complaints number. i say im switching from telstra to optus. He said doesnt matter. I ring telstra they say...surprise suprise we cant help you your with optus. I ring optus. They cant explain why tech isnt coming but confirm he wont be coming (yesterday). They say they will ring back and confirm new time for install. Optus dont ring back. I ring back again (today). Get the run around and THEN they tell me its already connected and all you need is tech support on the phone (like its my fault now). They transfer me (30 min wait time). I hang up and ring sales and speak to JAY. I say take my number and name and sort it out and get someone to call me. He then try a transfer then i get some advert for optus playing over his voice. SO. I am leaving optus and going back to telstra. Come and collect your stuff. You have my email so you do the work. Thanks for wasting my time.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: worst customer service. optus come and get your modem

Just to confirm,  this isn't the NBN?

You appear upset at Optus and are heading to Telstra when from what you say it appears Telstra is the one that stuffed you around? Optus can't control what Telstra techs do. 

If as it appears you connection is now completed to Optus then it will probably take some time to reverse that. You will need to make a new appointment and take another day off for a Telstra tech to come out (hopefully) and transfer you back to the Tesltra DSLAM.

I also wouldn't recommend not returning the equipment (or not properly cancelling your current plan). This is just a public forum so nothing is going to happen based on your post here. At the very least you'll need to PM a mod to see if cancelling your contract is an option (usually there would be penaly fees etc. if you wanted to walk away not to mention equipment fees.)

I agree it hasn't been a good start though.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

they can chase me up for it. i am already on phone to telstra.... im over it. good luck trying to enforce a contract when they dont deliver their end

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Your choice. I just find it strange your signing up with the company that actually stuffed you around.

Good Luck

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey camjam, I can appreciate your frustrations with this and can confirm, once a tech has informed you they're unable to attened (generally due to high workload), they reschedule an appointment for the next earliest oppotunity.

Understanding you've since contacted an alternate provider to get your services contacted, if you'd still like a hand with getting your services connected through to us or for us to cancel your existing order, please PM me through your full name, d/o/b and order reference number so I can look into this further. 

We're required by law to complete a full ID check before we're able to legally access an account, once I have the above sent through to me I'd then be able to help get the ball rolling.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

it was optus that did the stuff around. they outsourced the work. they couldnt offer solutions. they were telling me after 2.5 weeks of waiting that they didnt a tech after all. they didnt call me back as they said they would, its just crap. why accept second rate customer service

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

nope you can come and collect the modem and set top box. i have reengaged with telstra. i have always been with telstra. im a lazy customer who doesnt tend to switch but i did and now regret it. If you offer a service deliver on it  instead of jerking people around, i lost money having to wait at home for you guys. your solution is to transfer me to a tech guy and put me on hold for 45 min . why would anybody accept that.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

FWIW they didn't 'outsource' the work. Telstra is nationally responsible for all of the old copper infrastructure. Optus can only request Telstra do the work. If Telstra don't do it then there's not a lot Optus can do. I agree there's definitely a few areas where Optus dropped the ball too. However I can see your mind is made up. 

I would still strongly recommend you properly terminate your contract (as has been offered). Without that Optus (or any company) will just send you the bill, then the overdue notice, then place a credit default notice on your national credit rating before finally selling your debt to a private company that doesn't really care why you didn't pay the bill.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

well optus should explain that. They dont. as for the bill/contract. I am still waiting for them to call me back , its not installed as per their instructions ..,. their courier who will have to come and collect the modem will be required to contact me between 1pm and 5pm as i may be home between that time to return it to them. im sure they wont mind waiting around as apparently thats reasonable.